cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem having two (2) Public Mobile accounts only have access to one (1) account

garygx9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I am currently having two Public Mobile accounts, one number for myself and the other for my wife. However when I log into Public Mobile website, I could only have the access of one (1) Public Mobile account [which only my account]  and I have trouble accessing to my wife Public Mobile account at the same time.

Is there any possible way to have an access both of my Public Mobile account numbers onto one single access on Public Mobile website, because I am trying to access both payment and cell plan of the account at the same time.

If Public Mobile website have such facility do let me know.  Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

shaneknysh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was able to log into two account in the same Firefox browser using multi account containers.

1. create two containers called PM1, PM2
2. Open publicmobile.ca

3. right click on then tab and select open in new container tab -> PM1
4. right click on then tab and select open in new container tab -> PM2
5. switch to the PM1 tab and login to first account

6. switch to the PM2 tab and login to second account

This is kind of a pain to set up and if you have a default container set with Containerize this will not work. I won't use this method as I would rather have a default container set that be able to log into public mobile twice.

Shane

shaneknysh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

To view both account in the same browser you need to use an browser addon that isolates the site for each user. 

Session box advertises this feature but it is not free. 

I use multi-account containers for Firefox but I am having difficulty getting public mobile to open in two containers at the same time. Although I have been told this is possible with multi-account containers I do not use it this way so I do not know how to set it up to do it.

For any browser you might be able to have one account open in the browser and one open in a private browsing session. 

In any case all these suggestions are use at your own risk.

Shane

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@garygx9 wrote:

Hi, I am currently having two Public Mobile accounts, one number for myself and the other for my wife. However when I log into Public Mobile website, I could only have the access of one (1) Public Mobile account [which only my account]  and I have trouble accessing to my wife Public Mobile account at the same time.

Is there any possible way to have an access both of my Public Mobile account numbers onto one single access on Public Mobile website, because I am trying to access both payment and cell plan of the account at the same time.

Hi @garygx9 unfortunately Public Mobile do not allow multiple numbers in one account.

If you activated you wife's account online, you can access her self serve account using the email address you used on your wife's activation.  The password is the password you created during activation.

If you activated in-store, create a self serve account for your wife here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

using a different email address.  As already suggested by @hairbag1 above, you can use the same credit card for both accounts.

Create Account - self-serve.png

Have a great weekend

RosieR

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@garygx9 wrote:

@garygx9   If you mean you want to view both accounts on the same browser, then that's not possible because of site cookies.   However, it is possible to open each account in different browsers or even one with incognito mode enabled and one without IIRC from trying long time ago.

If you mean having both accounts under one (your) account, then that's not possible as already mentioned by @hairbag1 .

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@garygx9 wrote:

Nope...each account is separate and needs its own sim and email address.

You may pay with the same cc or debit card though.

Need Help? Let's chat.