cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add credit card info as payment option

dumm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Every time I try to add my credit card information as a payment method it gives me the error message: "Sorry, we’re not able to process this request at this time. Please try again later.". My card has definitely been used before in-person and online, is not expired, and has no holds or restriction on it. My debit card works when I enter it, but I prefer to use my credit card if possible. Anyone else had luck with this issue? Been through support, but they haven't found any immediate solutions.

15 REPLIES 15

dumm

Update

Today, I was able to switch the payment method to my credit card using the app. 3 billing cycles have passed and I just decided to try it today to see if it worked and it did. Mind you, this was after the app update/redesign so idk if that had to do with anything.

dumm

Unfortunately support cannot update card information on their end. They were able to remove the card on my account so that I can try entering my credit card information, but it still didn't work. Just gonna wait now since someone told me they had the same problem and had to wait until after their first bill cycle to change payment methods.

bjjw

Thanks, I'll re-submit a ticket

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@bjjw  If in a hurry you can buy payment voucher and load it *611 to keep services going . In the meantime I think you should submit another ticket if you haven’t hear back yet 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

After submitting ticket keep an eye on your community inbox for their reply , or you can use this link to the community in box

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

@bjjw wrote:

I have had the same problem for the last 4 days. It will not accept my credit card.  I've requested a ticket but haven't heard back. This is ridiculous. I'm trying to pay for my elderly father's cell phone. I'm about ready to change carriers. The lack of customer support is so sad.

HI @bjjw 

did you check the community inbox for agent's reply?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

I had 2 issues yesterday and they answered my questions within 3 hours.  So, the service is there. 

if really no answer, please message them again

please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

bjjw

I have had the same problem for the last 4 days. It will not accept my credit card.  I've requested a ticket but haven't heard back. This is ridiculous. I'm trying to pay for my elderly father's cell phone. I'm about ready to change carriers. The lack of customer support is so sad.

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dumm 

It took several days before it suddenly accepted my credit card but it's not a new account.

@ulearn 

The new self serve account's payment page's issues are different from before but do result in a similar error.

I've never needed to use vouchers but there is a post here somewhere that tells users which vouchers have a delay and which ones don't.

ulearn

@dumm when I first joined Public Mobile over 7 or 8 years ago, I had the same issue. What I did instead was gotten vouchers for it..just enough to cover my first month. Granted, if I can recall, there is a 72-hour period for the voucher to be active (I don't know why it's like that!...it's a bit scary when you putting your money on a voucher, but don't see anything for 72 hours!)...but, it eventually shows up. 

You could add money that way...or, if you prefer, you could see if a Visa or Mastercard gift card would work too. Just to get you over the bump. 

I am going from my memory, and I believe it was how my address was inputted into the system that it didn't like!

dumm

Were you a new account? How long did you wait before it worked?

RavingRaven

@dumm 

I've noticed this has been an issue for a few weeks now. I was having trouble myself and then one time it just worked? Keep trying one time once a day and hopefully you'll luck out like I did.

dumm

Just tried that and it still gives me the same error

RavingRaven

@dumm 

Unfortunately agents can no longer add a payment card for customers anymore. Have you tried uninstalling the Public Mobile app and reinstalling it before trying again?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dumm  Fingers crossed 🤞 then and give update !

dumm

I've already tried every device I have (PC, mac, phone), but they all give the same error. I've also tried multiple browsers and incognito mode and all give the same error. Someone told me that I might have to wait until after the first bill to be able to switch to my CC. Support wasn't helpful either, but I'm trying to see if they can update the info for me.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dumm  You may need to wait 1 full hour and try again incognito /private mode or from another device . Or try the app instead . If still no Luck you can get support to help you update it also . Note you can also buy payment vouchers and load them *611

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

Need Help? Let's chat.