cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access account to pay for service

gabbeth812
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have purchased a phone and got it setup in August at a retail store for a family member.  However, the last couple of days when I tried to login to pay for more service, your system doesn't recognize the email address I used to setup the account.  I tried all the email addresses I normally use, but none of those are recognized by your system.  

I do not have access to the phone as it is a gift to the family member and he lives very far away.  He is very old, so he doesn't know how to use the phone to pay for the service.

Can you advise what is going on and how I can find out what email address I used to setup the account?

Thank you.

MaryAnn

6 REPLIES 6

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@gabbeth812, you could initiate the process to set up the online account and when the verification code is sent to the phone, contact the relative to retrieve the number.  Surely they should be able to read a code from a text message.  Failing that, you could seek assistance from the moderator team and see what they can do for you under these circumstances.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

@Anonymous I see what you are getting at, she just needs the phone number but will need to get the confirmation code from the text sent to the phone!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krazykiwi wrote:

@gabbeth812 wrote:

Unfortunately, I do not have access to the phone and the family member lives very far away.  I will not be able to get the 10 digit code for the registration.  I also think the plan has already expired.  He is very old so he is not able to know how to pay for the service without assistance.

Is there any other way to register?

Mary Ann

If you kept the card that sim came out off, it has the sim serial number on it.

@krazykiwi, The SIM # is not 10 digits.

@gabbeth812Registration starts with a 10 digit phone number, followed by a text message that should be received.  If the line is now in suspension, I don't know if the text would go through (I highly doubt it).   You might need to get help from the moderator team to set it up.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Be sure to include as much info that you have regarding the account, especially the PIN  - which you (your relative) would have received just after original activation.

@gabbeth812 wrote:

Unfortunately, I do not have access to the phone and the family member lives very far away.  I will not be able to get the 10 digit code for the registration.  I also think the plan has already expired.  He is very old so he is not able to know how to pay for the service without assistance.

Mary Ann

If you kept the card that sim came out off, it has the sim serial number on it.

gabbeth812
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Mary Ann

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gabbeth812, When the Public Mobile account is set up at a retail store, they generally do not create an on-line account for you.  You need to do this yourself.  You can use the following link : https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Need Help? Let's chat.