cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Purchase USA Roaming Plan

chrismitchele
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I was following the guidance from the community and submitted a PM to the moderator.  I have not heard anything back and need to resolve as I am travelling in the USA.  My first note was yesterday and I have not yet heard anything back.  What should my expectations be on a response?

******Private Message early AM today **********************************

I submitted three requests yesterday to resolve but still not working.  Would you please help or tell me that you cannot?

Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX

PIN: XXXX

Email: XXXXXXXXX@gmail.com

My plan expired yesterday (Extend US Roaming - Talk Text 250 Data (10 day)). The plan is no longer listed as an active plan on my profile. However, I need to purchase another 10 days but it is not available as a selection. I am in the USA now and would like to purchase the extension (purchase another 10 day plan).

I was able to "purchase" a plan using the *611 service. I can see that I was charged $20 (actually twice but that was my fault), and I paid for 1 plan ($20). This purchase appears on my transaction list but my account does not show it as active.

Hopefully this can be sorted as I am in the USA today.

Chris

8 REPLIES 8

chrismitchele

Just to close this thread...

I did purchase additonal plans to get throught the day yesterday.  This morning the moderator added the proper plan and refunded the plans I purchased yesterday that were no longer needed.

I feel that the experiece was a bit clunky as I was in the dark for 48 hours but all is properly resoved now.  Thanks for everyone's help.

Chris

chrismitchele

Ok - thanks.

I purchased the proper plan using *611 (10 days - text/talk/data 250)

I confirmed payement made.  I confirmed plan paid for.

Plan is not active.  Phone not working.

I will purchase other plans as 3 - 4 days is too long.  I hope they can at least refund the plan that is not working at some point.

Chris

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Are you able to check payment history does it show the add-on Purchase or are there available funds showing? Maybe the add-on Purchase did not go through.

Mods are replying in 3-4 days it seems

There option is maybe buy the individual items seperately. Then ask for some goodwill from mods?

@chrismitchele, if you're doing it through the *611, they're listed after the 2 talk text and data 10-day packages.  They are talk only, txt only, and data only.

Sounds like you added the $15 3 option roaming, the $20 option I think *should* still also be available to you.

In the website interface, the individual US Roaming options are listed under each of Talk, Txt, and Data.  

@chrismitchele, you can purchase the other US roaming addons, just not the same one.

If you need only txt or data, add only the txt and/or data and/or phone addons (for US Roaming)

chrismitchele

I appreciate that you are trying to help.  If you read my post you will see the probem more clearly.

I do purchase addons fairly regularly and am familiar with the process.

Yesterday, my 10day plan expired and I tried to purchase a new plan.  As I learned from the community, one is not able to purchase a plan on the day of expiry - need to wait for the next day.

I did purchase using the *611 method and it accepted payment by preregistered CC and I was able to select the correct plan.  I have paid for the plan.

However, the plan is not active on my phone (phone does not work, plan does not appear on active plans in online self help).

What I need to know is can I expect a response from the moderator soon or should I try buying other plans instead (I need to have my phone working even if the plans are more expensive).

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chrismitchele:

It's 2 steps:

1. put money into account

2. buy add-on

then restart the phone.

See if that helps.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@chrismitchele, add-on purchase is a two step process.  Please follow this thread post.  The illustrrations are perfect.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

Need Help? Let's chat.