cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to School Specials Have Started- $40/$45 Plans- Virgin, Koodo and Fido Promotions

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Virgin- $40- BYOP- 1 gig, 500 Canada-wide minutes, Weekends and Evenings 5pm-7am, unlimited World-wide Text

Koodo- $45- BYOP- 1 gig, 500 Canada-wide minutes, Weekends and Evenings 5pm-8am, unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging. Plus $10 bill credit for 6 months.

Fido- $45 but $5 bill credit=$40- BYOP- 1 gig, 500 Canada-wide minutes, Weekends and Evenings 5pm-7am, unlimited International Text, Picture and Video Messaging.
26 REPLIES 26

If your device is on auto select, you will get the stronger signal.  So if LTE is weak, and 3G is stronger, you'll get the 3G connection.

Also remember, LTE may not be available in every location you go to.  Outdoor reception is typically better than indoor / basements.

Kamenrider
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
To one of the other 3 listed. I came for LTE. Some unknown reason, I'm getting 3G now in the middle of my paid term for the last day or two where I normally get LTE.

Sign up for a post paid PCMobile plan, their flex data, unlimited nationwide starting at $59, use up to 3 GB data for another $5, and prices rise depending on usage.

thats not a bad deal if you want 3 GB.  The first 1 GB is included in the price.

if you don't need unlimited nationwide, they have a cheaper plan with flex data for $39, $10 bill credit for 6 months, and 500 minutes.

zmh1175
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Those plans are worse than PM even PM plans are not that good anymore.

jtm02

@Kamenrider wrote:
Awesome. Getting ready to switch.

Switch to what?

Kamenrider
Awesome. Getting ready to switch.

Michael77
I wonder if there will be better deals in Ontario as soon as Freedom Mobile fixes their network? This would add a true 4th carrier to the mix.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

500 minutes is a "Special"?

Last couple of years Fido at least had double minutes / triple data add ons

@Michael77 wrote:
That's true. 1 gig is not much. 🙂

More than enough for me over 90 days Smiley Tongue

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I would do the zoomer plan. For 40.5$ and 50$ (i tjink) referal.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

So expensive for only 1gb of data!!

Michael77
Hi xCameron94x,

I do agree with you. The old PM plans were a lot better. The new ones are too expensive.

@Michael77 I disagree. The NEW PM plans are not competive enough. The Old ones maybe.

But virgin: 1GB data, 500 canada wide minutes and unlimited text. $40 a month ($30 for the first 6 months)

PM New: 1GB data, Unlimited Canada wide mins, unlimited text- 30 days- $60

PM New: 3GB data, Unlimited Canada wide, Unlimted texts- 90 days- $55/month

I would recommend the virgin plan over the PM one

Michael77
That's true. 1 gig is not much. 🙂

Michael77
Yes, these are the Ontario plans. The PM promo plans are better.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

I would not really call those "Promo" plans, they are really nothing fancy, and just expensive plans with almost nothing to give. They have limited canada wide minutes and 1 GB , I mean what is 1 G, 2 speed tests and 3 of those Justin Bieber videos and you already hit the 75 % mark. 

@ahsanr197 they're just usually promos that happen in late july/early august. Sometimes they aren't that special. From what I've seen the smaller 3 (Koodo and Virgin right now) are all offering $40 a month, for 1GB of data, unlimited texts and 500 canada wide minutes and prices go up from there. Also they are offering $10 off the plans for 6 months (I think its for BYOP plans). if you're in a province with a bit more compeition (Quebec for example) the deals will be better there

Given the current PM plans, these deals are better. However if you are on a good grandfathered plan here (the fall promo/Freedom promo, ect) Then you should just stay here if you are a member here

ahsanr197
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey there, can you send me more details about the back to school deals

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Pretty weak offerings.  The big 3 must have really been POed by Jean-Pierre Blais and this is their parting shot.  Right now the best deal is still the Zoomer Mobile $40.50 for 2 gig LTE data.  Anyone needing a plan right now should check this offer before it expires at the end of July. 

Michael77
🙂

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
You forgot to include PM
30 day terms
$50 for 1gb 3g canada wide after autopay
$58 for 1gb LTE canada wide after auto pay

90 day terms
$45 for 1gb +1gb 3g canada wide after autopay
$53 for 1gb LTE canada wide after auto pay

Michael77
True.

shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Not very good compared to the most recent deals from PM and fido

Michael77
They're post plans.

@ethos32 wrote:
Are these plans pre paid or post pay

Those are all going to be postpaid plans.  Whether you think the Big 3's plans are good or not, the prepaid plans are almost always much, much worse.

ethos32
Are these plans pre paid or post pay
Need Help? Let's chat.