cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change plan

delormea397
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I am looking to change my plan a few days before my current plan expires since I am out of data. I have went through self service 10+ times in the past two days to add funds, select the plan and options and choose "Change plan now", then "Yes, change my plan."The page refreshes and takes me to my account overview, however the changes to my plan do not take effect and I do not see the plan cost deducted from my account balance.To be clear, I am NOT choosing "Change on renewal date." I have tried cancelling autopay, resetting browser cookies, and opening in an incognito window. I have adequate funds in my account. 

I am trying to register for a 90 day plan, unlimited provincial calling and unlimited international text, 6GB data/90 days, $135.

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@delormea397 wrote:

Excess funds are available, aside from rewards.

Mod got back to me. The issue is the plan I am trying to buy is the same plan I currently have (That expires on the 17th. I just happen to be out of data and want to renew early) When I purchase it, and try to change it immediately, since it's the same plan it seems to think I still want to renew it on my renewal date. Mod sounds like he can change it for me early. Thanks for the help, all.

Yeah really. The entire time you're talking change plan change plan. Whereas if you had asked hey folks I want to renew my plan early but it won't let me then we could have explained that to you and directed you to the mods. But they got back to you so all is good.

So the keyword "change" is the wrong one in this case. You CAN change to a *different* plan mid-term. But you need the mods to *renew* the same plan early.

A workaround trick is to "change" to the $10 plan and then "change" to the original plan. But you lose $10 out of that deal.

@delormea397, renewing the same plan is the problem.  As you’ve figured out, not do able (yet?) by the end user.  Didn’t even think you were trying to renew the same plan.

delormea397

Excess funds are available, aside from rewards.

Mod got back to me. The issue is the plan I am trying to buy is the same plan I currently have (That expires on the 17th. I just happen to be out of data and want to renew early) When I purchase it, and try to change it immediately, since it's the same plan it seems to think I still want to renew it on my renewal date. Mod sounds like he can change it for me early. Thanks for the help, all.

delormea397

Hello all, thanks for the help.

I have cleared cache and cookies, tried a different browser, closed browser, restarted computer cancelled autopay, added more than enough funds to cover the full cost, turned off addblocker and all add-ons. Still no success.

Anonymous
Not applicable

First try it different browser internet, or try to removed your credit card, call *611

if you have credit card expiry date.

First you have to removing the existing card and add your new credit card

You have to Re-enter credit card information .

Like your name and credit card number and expiry date.

if not working you have to try to log out from your account and close all browser internet after 5 mint login.and if you dont working

you need send a private message >> Click here 

In your message put it, please include.

- your Name 

- your account number ,if you have it 

- your phone number 

- your account, 4 digit PIN

- date of birth 

- Detailed explanation of specific change your plan

- them can help you a lot nice service Team

Waiting for Response, Community Moderators are available from:

Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7pm (EDT)
During business hours, we strive to answer all customer messages/inquiries as soon as possible. Usually, that is within an hour, but in peak periods, it could be as much as within 72 hours of receiving the message.
And be patient please

Good Luck

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@delormea397, as previously asked, are funds 'available' in your account?  Adding the funds for the full payment amount *should* allow for a plan change.  If you're waiting for your rewards to apply, they technically are not 'available' until the renewal process starts.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Assuming you have tried different browsers etc. I didn't understand if you added funds already or not. But either way once funds are added I would ask mods to make the change for you. 

Also are you seeing an error message pop up?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@delormea397

You have $135 available fund in your account.  You should be able to change plan early.

Try one more time.  Close your browser and try it again.

If it still cannot change your plan early, your can send a private message to moderator for help.  But moderator wait time is 48 - 72 hours.  By the time moderator works on your request, you may be on your renewal date.  If you can manage your data usage on WiFi for a few days, you may want to do the plan change on your renewal date.

Edit:  Something to try.

1.  Setup plan change on your next renewal date.

2.  Cancel your next renewal date plan change

3.  Re-do the plan change now.

By do so, I am hoping to get the PM system state to a point that you can change plan now.

Good luck.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry to hear the self serve system is not working for you. Which browser are you using? Any ad blockers? Maybe try a different one (without ad blocking) just to rule that out?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@delormea397, please try again after clearing browser cache, using a different browser or incognito mode.  These are some strategies that work to overcome glitches in the self serve portal. 

Need Help? Let's chat.