cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA calling

Tonytracy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  • Hubby and I are in first month with public. We both have USA Canada package. I have iPhone 11pro he is 11. My phone works great for all features, he is not able to call out. Ends instant. He is on Lte in T-Mobile everything same as mine. He just can’t call out. ??? Text and data works. In USA now. Help?
13 REPLIES 13

Tonytracy

Wondering he is 15.5 and hasn’t updated in long while. Now 17 .5.1??

Tonytracy

No not working. started over! Tried airplane mode, then off.  Still no calling. Won’t even go through. 

@Tonytracy wrote:

3G then no service. It is now showing its calling but doesn’t go through. Before ended instant. On LTE 

@Tonytracy , it seems like the phone that is not working is having issues with VoLTE.  Please confirm the settings using this link.  Toggle airplane mode or reboot phone to establish a new network connect and see if that helps.  

https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/apple/iphone-11-ios-16-0/calls-and-contacts/turn-volte-on-or-off...

-

@Phil_Adelphus wrote:

@Tonytracy   On some phones, usually not iPhone but there are exceptions, there is also a VoLTE toggle as well as the LTE setting.   If you can't find a VoLTE toggle it should be enabled automatically by Public Mobile anyway but try 3G on T-Mobile and see if that works.

T-Mobile in the US does not have any type of 3g/UMTS/HSPA network.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

There is no 3G in the United States so that certainly won't work.

Tonytracy

3G then no service. It is now showing its calling but doesn’t go through. Before ended instant. On LTE 

@Tonytracy   On some phones, usually not iPhone but there are exceptions, there is also a VoLTE toggle as well as the LTE setting.   If you can't find a VoLTE toggle it should be enabled automatically by Public Mobile anyway but try 3G on T-Mobile and see if that works.

Tonytracy

Yes data roaming on and it’s on LTE other option 3g

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Tonytracy   Does he have data roaming turned on when making calls (I note that you said data works but some turn it off)?  Make sure also that if there is a VoLTE toggle that it is turned on.

Tonytracy

Tried other networks and  still won’t place call 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Tonytracy

Nope. Tried both. 

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Tonytracy have him try restarting his phone or try turning ON airplane mode and then turning it off

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Is T-Mobile the only network available in the area? I would try turning off automatic network selection in cellular settings and manually selecting AT&T or Verizon if you can.

Need Help? Let's chat.