cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA add-ons?

Nerb68
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I am going to the states and my plan says I have 'unlimited international text & picture messaging'. 

Does this mean I do not have to purchase an 'add on' plan for texting? 

Is it unlimited both ways? receiving and outgoing texts from the U.S. and Canada?

Do I just need to purchase a U.S. data plan?

Thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES 9

DWT
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Nerb68

I have very recently experienced PM's US Roaming & Data Add-On service.  In my experience, your best option would be to purchase a SIM card from a US carrier once you arrive.  This approach will save you hours of unproductive frustration and aggravation from trying to get your PM Add-On service to work; buying a US SIM card it is what I finally ended up doing.

@DDM69 Winnner winner chicken dinner 🙂

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Handy1 thank you.  It's a screenshot I took just before switching to the plan you're mentioning.  More data for less $$$$ 😁

@DDM69  I see your on the 15GB for $40 plan and looks to renewal on June 14 there’s a $39 plan for 20GB if your not already aware that you should schedule plan change for on next renewal if you haven’t already .. best part is you get to keep you old rewards too LOL

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Nerb68  the unlimited international is for you to send and receive sms when you are in Canada

when you are in US and you need the service, you will need to get one of the roaming add-on there

however, if you just want to receive text , like 2FA, you get free incoming text when you are in US, as long as you can connect to T-Mobile.  But again, sending/replying text needs roaming add-on

DDM69

Nothing in your existing plan allows you to use your device in the US.  Your international texting is from Canada only.

2023-05-17 20_01_11-Window.png

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You can receive real sms texts without an add-on. (not imessage or rcs instant messages) You can't send or call or connect to the internet via cell without one.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Nerb68  No you still need US roaming , your unlimited text is for texting abroad from Canada only 

DDM69

@Nerb68 you will need to purchase an add on.2023-05-24 22_46_45-Canada's First 5G Subscription Phone Service _ Public Mobile.png

Need Help? Let's chat.