Did you mean: 

USA Texting & Calling Not Working

Emersoncruz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey, my plan includes

- 8.5GB at 3G Spee

- Unlimited International Tex

- Unlimited Talk to Canada and the UStd

I frequently travel to the USA and my texting and calling has not been working. I have been receiving texts but unable to send any. I get this message "Sorry, your current plan does not include US Roaming text messaging. To update your plan to include US Roaming texting visit publicmobile.ca/selfserve" whenever I try to send to text.

I've gone into my settings and selected both AT&T and T-Mobile networks

7 REPLIES 7

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hairbag1  how long are you going for and how often?

Thanks!

@TheOldVR wrote:

Just a suggestion... if you are in the US often, or for more than a couple days.. it might be better to grab a local SIM and plan.

This was almost always a better deal for me.

Happy Travels!!!

@TheOldVR, do you have a recommended service provider of the local sim ?  How much $$ is a sim with a talk / text plan whilst in US ? Thanks

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just a suggestion... if you are in the US often, or for more than a couple days.. it might be better to grab a local SIM and plan.

This was almost always a better deal for me.

Happy Travels!!!

Emersoncruz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ahh okay, thanks!

@Emersoncruz 

Your PM plan includes long distance calling to United States from within Canada.  It is not a US roaming add on as stated above.  Also, unlimited international text within Canada also. 

Most plans gets free incoming texts while traveling in US, but if you want to talk and use outgoing texts, you will need to buy the US roaming packages as described above.  

Here is a good summary thread on buying add ons:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can purchase an us roaming add-on. Unlimited Talk and International Text for  $15 for 10 days.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Emersoncruz wrote:

Hey, my plan includes

- 8.5GB at 3G Spee

- Unlimited International Tex

- Unlimited Talk to Canada and the UStd

I frequently travel to the USA and my texting and calling has not been working. I have been receiving texts but unable to send any. I get this message "Sorry, your current plan does not include US Roaming text messaging. To update your plan to include US Roaming texting visit publicmobile.ca/selfserve" whenever I try to send to text.

I've gone into my settings and selected both AT&T and T-Mobile networks

Yes this plan is when you are in Canada...When you travel in US you need to have a roaming add-on...eee.png

Need Help? Let's chat.