cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA Roaming

jyb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

WHY is their not a whole bunch more members not barraging PM about fixing the US roaming problem??? I as well as many are paying a monthly fee for a plan that includes roaming. I have heard every stall tactic with NO straight answers from PM on this matter. They will not even give any rough ETA for Volte calling or a remedy. They are absolutely NOT being upfront about this. Typical communication company with NO communication.

8 REPLIES 8

What corporation is going to release these kinds of strategic plans? Especially in this industry. They will eventually be required to "do something". But when, is the question. They can drag it out until the end of 2025 if they like and then close up their little 3rd tier outfits and wash their hands of it all. As it is, even now in Canada, we're seeing more and more difficulties with talk in some areas.

jyb

Yah that was told to me many weeks ago. No eta. Just dodging any kind of answer. NO eta.

jyb

Which option is that? My plan includes roaming that I am not receiving and am paying for. Have lost faith in these clowns. Not straight with their customers.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yeah 60 bucks a month and not being able to use it for a couple years and now coincidental with opening up came shutting down of the US 3G voice services of the two roaming partners. Tough pill to swallow.

We have been seeing many complaints here about roaming. Alaska is basically dead to us. Your 2gb of data should be alright though. And yes talk can apparently work on T-Mobile 2G if your phone supports 2G. But even that has somewhat limited coverage.

It's all a wait and see for now though.

jyb

I and many others are not US add ons.. We have a plan with US roaming included. They will lose many customers. Many Canadians travel in the US that want cell service in the US.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jyb   I would say it is unfortunate that Canada does not follow US on the timetable for 3G shutdown and consumers are suffering

At least for now, we still have roaming option.  Fido Prepaid has taken away the roaming completely.  Is it good to remove it ? or still offering it given that we know it might not work everywhere?   It is a hard question.  But I think PM has been doing a decent job.   They let you buy it and try it, if it does not work, they will reverse the transaction..  At least we have a choice here, we can try.  If you are in Fido Prepaid, you are stuck as you were not given the choice at all

The VoLTE part is still muddy.  It might have to do with the fact that PM has to bring VoLTE into Canada if they want it available for US.  They hesitate because they try to keep the distance from Koodo and Telus as much as they can, and as long as they can.  Also, if no other Tier 3 offers that, why eager to be the first one? 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Do you really think PM will care if customers start complaining about US add-ons????

Those using US add-on are in a minority and not bread and butter for PM.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @jyb if we believe what was told, PM is working on some VoLTE solution.

And I am happy that at least we can still fall back to T-Mobile 2G solution for voice.  For Data roaming, it's has no problem with LTE on AT&T and T-Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.