cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA Data Roaming stops working - SMS/MMS and Calls still works

boo-430
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm connected to T-Mobile network.
I have restarted my phone, tried pulling and putting back SIM Card.
APN settings look right, and it works sometimes as I've used 80 / 250mb.
I'm standing right next to a friend with a T-Mobile sim card and they have perfect LTE data.

Any suggestions? This is very frustrating while travelling. 

I've tried selecting my mobile provider and T-Mobile is the only one listed. No AT&T, etc. 

5 REPLIES 5

boo-430
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is the sim card. 
It is just spotty in some areas.

It wasn't an issue about running out of data, as I still had 100+ mb when I made the posting. 

I never found a solution, and tried the suggestions here.
I appreciate all the quick responses and feedback, but am still not satisfied.
Not sure what to do now as I'm back home. But it makes me weary about travelling in the future.
I was in LA, which is a major city with towers everywhere. It's not as if I was in rural Idaho, which is more understandable. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@boo-430 Make sure you don't have Airplane mode on. If it's off, try turning it on, wait 30 seconds, turn it off and restart your phone.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@boo-430 wrote:

I'm connected to T-Mobile network.
I have restarted my phone, tried pulling and putting back SIM Card.
APN settings look right, and it works sometimes as I've used 80 / 250mb.
I'm standing right next to a friend with a T-Mobile sim card and they have perfect LTE data.

Any suggestions? This is very frustrating while travelling. 

I've tried selecting my mobile provider and T-Mobile is the only one listed. No AT&T, etc. 

@boo-430  When was the last time you checked your usage? Could it be possible that the 250MB was used up? Make sure data and roaming are on.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@boo-430 Sometimes if no other issue, disable data and reboot and enable data again few times will pick up again. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@boo-430 Can you try your sim in your friend's phone and vice-versa? Just to know if it's your phone or your service...

Need Help? Let's chat.