cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming

jaitken
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased the US roaming for texts while we were in the US.  It never did work, I was only able to send or recieve texts while  I was on wifi. How do I get a refund for this??

6 REPLIES 6

@computergeek541 wrote:

@jaitken wrote:

I purchased the US roaming for texts while we were in the US.  It never did work, I was only able to send or recieve texts while  I was on wifi. How do I get a refund for this??

Text messages don't get sent over Wi-Fi. If you are using an iPhone, was SMS enabled?  iMessage wouldn't work because it requires an internet connection. When going through the Apple message servers, those messages aren't really text messages.

I WAS wondering about that when I read it, but didn't clue in that it may be an iPhone, using iMessage.

Given the number of issues I've seen with this sort of thing, it almost seems like Apple has done their own customers a disservice by having iMessage on their phones, because so many people either have no idea about how it works, or simply forget to enable SMS in the settings. 👎 

@jaitken wrote:

Text messages don't get sent over Wi-Fi. If you are using an iPhone, was SMS enabled?  iMessage wouldn't work because it requires an internet connection. When going through the Apple message servers, those messages aren't really text messages.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Purchasing add-ons are a two step process.  You need to purchase and add it to your account.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/us-roaming

@dnadolny wrote:

Here are some things to consider too:

Addons are a two-stage process, needing money added to the account, and then selecting and purchasing the addon.

Sometimes you have to manually select the carrier in the US (manually selecting AT&T or T-Mobile).

Sometimes people don't turn on the "roaming" feature on their phone.

@jaitken  Several good points in the post quoted above..... specifically, looking at the 1st point, the amount of funds you added to your account, to pay for that add-on..... does it still show as being on your account, in the "Available funds" section? If so, although you added the proper amount of funds, you then have to manually go into the add-ons section and choose the add-on you want, and click the appropriate buttons to actually pay for it. Not saying this is what you overlooked, but just throwing that possibility out there, because it's a very common mistake made around here.

dnadolny
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Here are some things to consider too:

Addons are a two-stage process, needing money added to the account, and then selecting and purchasing the addon.

Sometimes you have to manually select the carrier in the US (manually selecting AT&T or T-Mobile).

Sometimes people don't turn on the "roaming" feature on their phone.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@jaitken It's a prepaid service there are no refunds. The most you will get is a credit. You can contact the moderators and explain what happened. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@jaitken wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.