cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming not working

singhcherry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

US roaming not working. I have tried both manual and automatic selection.

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@singhcherry 

When did you arrive in the US? US Roaming begins immediately after purchase. At the time of your purchase US Roaming add ons were 10 day. A few days after purchase pm changed the US Roaming line up to a 15 day expiry. If you purchased too early for your trip and your US Roaming add on expired (January 13th) before you could use it then this explains your issue.

Contact customer support and explain your mistake and either ask for a credit or ask them to add the same add on but now with a 15 day expiry. Enable Roaming. Reboot your phone and manually choose T-Mobile.

@PublicMob5 

if roaming didn't work, PM usually would refund fully or partially based on the situation.  Please open a ticket with PM support and discuss with them

PublicMob5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like a refund as I was unable to get roaming data nor did text work.  Roaming purchase January 3 2023

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Meow
Mayor / Maire

According to Public Mobile:

PM will have T-mobile 2G network for US talk. Try to manually connect to T-mobile.

Roaming is for Data only. Voice and SMS text will still work.

Data will work on LTE, but will switch over to 2G to make a call.

However, the quality of service will vary depending on the different coverage areas when roaming in the USA.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@singhcherry wrote:

USA Roaming addons work whilst in the USA...just making sure you are in the USA and not in Canada, correct?

If in USA, ensure you see the addons listed in your My Account. Then try to restart your phone, this may help you get connected to the right network.

Edit, also is the Roaming setting turn ON in the settings of your device?

Get Help Article for Roaming and things for reference:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/us-roaming#:~:text=Troubleshooting%20U.S.%20Roam...

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@singhcherry wrote:

Did you turn on data and roam on?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@singhcherry  Are you manually selecting T mobile 

Need Help? Let's chat.