cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming ads on not working

Dgeselbr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I bought a 10day US roaming add on and it is not working. Just got to the states from Canada and it’s a pretty big hassle not having it work. What can I do?

8 REPLIES 8

Dgeselbr

Sorted, thanks friends:)

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is your base plan still active?

If attempting to connect to either still doesn't work (you should have texting and data anyway) then can you select the network type of 2G-only? And try to connect to T-Mobile?

@Dgeselbr   ok.  you have the roaming added

Next thing, can you go to check the Network selection and see if you see T-Mobile and/or AT&T? try to connect manually to both and see which one works

You have data, data should work once it is connected

(update: a reboot is not bad idea but I doubt it is necessary, but why not)

Dgeselbr

I will try turning off my phone but any other suggestions in case that doesn’t work?

Dgeselbr

My add ons section of my public plan says:

Add-ons

1GB Add-on
200MB Add-on
US Roaming - 250 MB Data (10-day)
US Roaming - Unlimited Talk (10-day)
US Roaming - Unlimited Text (10-day)

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Dgeselbr   Try rebooting the phone and make sure roaming data is enabled and manually select T-Mobile or AT&T.

Also you did do the second part of purchasing add-ons after adding funds to go back and buy the right add-on (roaming)?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Dgeselbr   buying add-on is a 2 steps process

1. load fund

2. actual buying the addon

Many people loaded the fund and unaware of step 2.  Any chance this is the case for you?  Check My Account, if you see Available Fund = the amount you loaded for the add-on, then you didn't do step 2 to purchase

If you did purchase it , may I know if you got roaming talk/text or data?

First , try to manually connect to T-Mobile or AT&T , DO not leave it with automatic

If it is data , make sure Mobile Roaming is enabled.   it should work after it connects to either of them

If voice roaming is involved, you need to try both network and see which one works.  Or you might need to make sure you have 2G in the Preferred data.  You can try to use 2G Only as a test for voice.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you see the amount in your balance still?

Did you connect to T-Mobile?

Can your phone use 2G?

Need Help? Let's chat.