cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming VS buying SIM card in US

HumbleBee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Many options to n the states to buy a SIM card. However for those who do not have dual sim it is slightly annoying to switch back and forth. 

Has as anyone had a good or bad experience one way or the other?

I have been looking into e sim options for roaming the us. So far no luck. 

4 REPLIES 4

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Sounds good -- but in my case I could'nt get connection so I found it less frustrating to just get a prepaid USA plan - last time in January of this year Walmart was giving free Sim cards so it only cost me next to nothing for a monthly plan. Also just about every plaza and restaurant has WIFI and I was able to text and email by iMessage --

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@HumbleBee wrote:

Many options to n the states to buy aSIMM card. However for those who do not have dualsimm it is slightly annoying to switch back and forth. 

I have been looking into esimm options for roaming the us. So far no luck. 

When I visit the USA for more then a couple of days I usually just go to aWalmart  and buy one of the prepaid cheap plans such as "Straight Talk". 

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have been using Public Mobile for my trips to the USA over the past 3 years and have had all great Experiences. Previous to this I would get a SIM from a USA cell provider , but it was a royal pain having to swap out the SIM and having no cell service until I got the SIM from the USA cell provider. 

All you have to remember to do with Public Mobile is make sure you have the money in your account to cover the cost of the USA roaming package that best fits your needs. Once the money is in your account go back to the USA roaming Addon you want , pick it and purchase it. Sit back and enjoy. Please remember that the Addon you purchase becomes active the day you purchase it and lasts 10 days from time of purchase. I only add the Addon the day I enter the USA , this way there are no waisted days of my USA Addon. 

Cheers. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HumbleBee wrote:

Many options to n the states to buy a SIM card. However for those who do not have dual sim it is slightly annoying to switch back and forth. 

I have been looking into e sim options for roaming the us. So far no luck. 

I had success with an outfit called H2O. Pure pay as you go. Fun to have a local number.

Need Help? Let's chat.