cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US phone calls???

Puipui
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Some of my firends who received my phone call said my phone call is from US, but I’m in Vancouver BC and the area code is 236 which is one of B.C.’s ones. How can I fixe it ? Actually my fiend who received my phon call is charged US call. If I can’t fix it I will need to cancel Public Mobile since I don’t want my friend to pay extra for my phone calls. 

thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Puipui

Thanks you for your res. 

I have heard this problem from two of my friends so far. One contracts with Freedom  and the other contracts with Bell. 

I didn’t know that BC is getting another new area code... 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I'm really shocked that this would still be an issue for any Canadian provider--the 236 are code was introduced over six years ago, on June 2, 2013.  (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_codes_778,_236,_and_672). 

And for even more good news, BC is getting another new area code 672, coming in May of next year.  So, look forward to 6+ more years of this issue, I guess.  Joy.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Puipui wrote:

Sorry I accidentally  I posted it..

My friend is asking her phone company now.

Friend of mine who recieved my phone call todaysaid my phone is calling from US..

I've noticed you've said that twice, but it never matters where someone is calling from for the person receiving the call.  It makes no difference.

@Puipui wrote:

My friend is asking phone company..

Another friend of mine said my phone is from US..

There's no reason to cancel Public Mobile services.  This is a billing problem at your firend's carrier.  it has nothing to do with Public Mobile, nor can Public Mobile do anything about it.

Puipui

My friend is asking phone company..

Another friend of mine said my phone is from US..

@Puipui She shouldn't be responsible for the charges as the area code IS a Canadian one, her provider should remove the charges.

Puipui

Sorry I accidentally  I posted it..

My friend is asking her phone company now.

Friend of mine who recieved my phone call todaysaid my phone is calling from US..

The reciever doesn't pay any extra. If there's any long distance charges..the caller is responsible for them, not the reciever.

Puipui

Thank you for your quick res!

I know I won't be billed extra but, my fried is billed extra since she received my phone call. ShHer carrieer said my phone nuber is US. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Puipui They would have to contact their phone company. It's a known problem since the area code was added, the providers are at fault, not your friends.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Puipui wrote:

Some of my firends who received my phone call said my phone call is from US, but I’m in Vancouver BC and the area code is 236 which is one of B.C.’s ones. How can I fixe it ? Actually my fiend who received my phon call is charged US call. If I can’t fix it I will need to cancel Public Mobile since I don’t want my friend to pay extra for my phone calls. 

thanks

You won't be extra billed..ever with PM. If you didn't prepay for it...you won't get it.

Your friend won't be billed any extra either...caller pays for the call...not reciever.

Need Help? Let's chat.