cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US data roaming package

Jme_9999
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I bought the US data package today (Tuesday) and will be in the US on Friday. Does the data usage start now or when I land in the US? Trying to figure out how the process works, thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

@Jme_9999 

yes, you need to connect to T-Mobile (you can also try AT&T as it looks like it might be working again )

When you are in US, make sure you try to connect to T-Mobile network. If it does not connect automatically, then change the Network connection to manual and select T-Mobile

If you roaming purchase includes data, make sure you enable Roaming Mobile Data on your phone

If your roaming purchase includes voice, enable VoLTE on your device and you might be able to use VoLTE for voice.  But if not, your phone should change to 2G network when voice calls come

Jme_9999
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the prompt replies. I understand the 15 days starts when purchased. The confusion was in regards to the system knowing the difference between Canada plan and US data add on. So to clarify, when I land in the US I switch over to t-mobile network. thanks for the help.

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

, I would say the 3GB data would start when she's in the US?? I would think the system would recognize the difference between Canadian used data vs American used data.... no?

@Chalupa_Batman  as said above the US data countdown starts from the successful purchase of the addon, NOT when you are in US

The system would be able to figure out the Canadian Data and US data.  Only data used while connected to T-Mobile (and possibly AT&T) network will be counted towards US roaming addon. Data used while connected to PM network will be counted towards the Canadian 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust and @softech  , perhaps @Jme_9999 needs a little more clarification. YES, once you purchase the Add on it starts once it's been successfully added to your account. However, IMO and this is where you two Gents come in, I would say the 3GB data would start when she's in the US?? I would think the system would recognize the difference between Canadian used data vs American used data.... no?

EDIT: I thought it said Jane 9999... sorry. I need glasses but too lazy to get them. LOL

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Add-ons start the exact moment you complete the purchase.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jme_9999 

the 15 days data countdown starts upon the successful purchase of the addon.   So, in your case, it started already.

Need Help? Let's chat.