cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 free international minutes

Marion63
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there a list of countries included in the 500 free international minutes?

11 REPLIES 11

sqcd111
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thank you

@sqcd111 

YES, those minutes are only to be used to call FROM Canada

When you are in US , you need US roaming add-on to call back Canada

When you are in other countries, there is no PM service there other than US

sqcd111
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does the 500 minute only for you to call from Canada? if you out of Canada, does it still work or no?

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Marion63 

The official list is here. 

Why it includes  Canada as international is another quirk from PM. It was worded the same last year.

But I do believe if you are on the $15  plan and have no Canada Wide minutes left, PM will then use one of your LD  add ons. Which add on, first, I have no idea. 

Also review what @HALIMACS says....the list is actually larger. Never the less, it’s a nice freebie!!

You're very welcome, @Marion63 

🙂

Marion63
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

🙂

Thank you to all who answered my question regarding the 500 international minutes. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

Lol....

@Marion63 

As above to avoid repeating myself. 🦜

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Marion63 

The community's own @darlicious posted the below earlier, it's quite helpful 😁 :

" The official list includes:

International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela.

Unofficially it also includes the countries on the $15/300min international add on:

Countries included in international long distance include: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela.

It also includes:

Macao and Taiwan.

There are other countries that can be called unofficially that are discovered by trial and error like today we found out you can call Iran....for free currently as it does not use minutes off any of the holiday add ons. "

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Uhmm where is Canada and the US i n that list? 🙂 That's not the 500 minute list. This is:

Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

This seems to be the correct list: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Marion63 Yes
"Countries included in international long distance include: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela. Calls must originate from Canada. Any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle."

EDIT: Uhmm, where is India in that list?

Need Help? Let's chat.