cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US data and roaming isn’t working

AH3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve purchased a US data and roaming package for my wife’s phone and it working. There’s an SOS where her service bars should be and there’s an E where her data should be. 

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@AH3 is this your 1st or 2nd Roaming addon you are buying?

If 2nd, buying back to back of the same type of roaming addon before the full 360 hours (15 days) + 12-24 hours after (this is the silly part) is what needs to be done.

If you are in this boat, you may need CSA to help you sort that out.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Or, try buying a different type/bucket of Roaming addon to get your service up and running, then connect with CSA after to adjust anything on your account if needed.

and @alex- were you referring to no roaming in Europe with Public Mobile? Because that wouldn't work anyhow, since Roaming services are only in the USA.

alex-
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey @AH3 ,

I had a similar issue while I was roaming on a trip to Europe. From what you've described, I am seeing indication that her phone isn't connected to a mobile network. Usually, your phone will try to connect to a mobile network by itself, but perhaps it needs some help (I will describe the process to connect manually to a network below).

Depending on what OS she has it may vary, but locate the "cellular" settings menu and find a sub-menu called "network selection". If it's set to "automatic" and there is no connection, try first to reset it (turn it on then off) and let it attempt to reconnect manually. If that doesn't work, you can turn off "automatic" and manually select a different network. There may be several options (with varying signal strength), so pick one that you might be familiar with. Once you select it, turn airplane mode on for a few seconds, then off and let the phone attempt to connect. (The process above is for iOS, it may vary for Android but should be reasonably similar).

If this does not resolve the issue, then my next thought would be that rather than being unable to connect to the network, she does not have access to connect to the network. Therefore I would recommend reaching out to her Canadian provider (if it's not PM) and ensure that the roaming plan you have purchased is properly activated.

Hopefully this works for you, please keep us updated.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AH3   you are not connecting to T-Mobile for using the service in US

Try to power off the phone for 5 mins, then power it back up

Then try to manually connect to T-Mobile from your Network selection screen

If you don't see T-Mobile on the list there or unable to connect, try again in different area of the city

And which city and state you are at?  

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@AH3 wrote:

I’ve purchased a US data and roaming package for my wife’s phone and it working. There’s an SOS where her service bars should be and there’s an E where her data should be. 

Try manually connect to T Mobil or try reboot the phone.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Did you add funds to your account prior to the purchase of the add on?

Which add on did you purchase?

Have you tried manually connecting to a network?

Do you have roaming enabled on the device?

If you could provide more details that would help.

Need Help? Let's chat.