cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US ad-on

Abe53
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On a recent trip to the US I bought a 15 day roaming and text ad-on that worked flawlessly. Then as that 15 days ran out I renewed the ad-on and it didn't work. I have opened several tickets with what is supposedly Customer Service with no response. I spent the last days of the US holiday without call and text possibilities because, although they charged me for the service, it never renewed. Any ideas on how get in touch and further my attempt to get a refund for service I did not get? Other than that I find Public Mobile reliable, economical and worth the savings. Thanks for any help.

17 REPLIES 17

Abe53

Thanks for the heads-up

Abe53

Thanks... I've used the Public Mobile on a couple of trips and have found it highly reliable - the same as it is in Canada. My disappointment was the additional ad-on, or the possibility of only buying a 15-day ad-on at a time.

Thanks for your help.

@Abe53  Yes it’s a known issue with re buying US ad ons in order to not have to wait 24 hours after the first add on ends you need support help to re buy same add on right away …. So with that said in the future if you go for longer then 15 days I think it’s best to get local pre paid SIM card for your trip might even be cheaper and certainly more reliable 

Abe53

Thank-you for the advice to check the messages on the site. I was expecting to get emails as that is the way they have communicated other things with me. I see they have been trying to get a hold of me, so I will respond and see if we can get a solution. Best wishes.

Thanks to all who helped.

@Abe53 wrote:

I'[m not understanding - you have to let the one plan run out and be without service before you purchase the next one?

@Abe53   Unfortunately YES.  US addon is weird.  You have to wait until the first set expired, and then further wait 24 hours before you can re-buy the same one (buying different one is ok)

If you need to buy the same one early , or without waiting 24 hours, you will need to open ticket with PM Support and have them to help re-buy

@Abe53 wrote:

my plan still showed something like 7 days of 15 still remaining.

@Abe53   that was because the site has browser cache problem

Login My Account again using Incognito mode and you should see the correct info

and check your inbox https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage see if PM support ever reply you

Abe53

I'[m not understanding - you have to let the one plan run out and be without service before you purchase the next one?

Abe53

The first ticket was 2 weeks ago, then another one about a week ago when my plan still showed something like 7 days of 15 still remaining.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Abe53 

Perhaps a different way to ask this, over what period of time did you submit the several tickets?

Was it just within the last hour or so,  or over several hours or even days?

If only a couple of hours, it could take that long and even a couple more. If it's been more than a day, yes I would submit another ticket.

@softech wrote:

@esjliv   true, but OP said no one replied.  I hope he didn't just send a message to "moderator" or "moderator_team".. 🙂

Well, maybe OP can answer that now that the question has been asked. 🙂

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Usually you have to wait 24 hours before buying same US add-on.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Abe53 

The information you have received is excellent from others.

What I'm curious is if Public Mobile has ever offered a valid reason for this unusual delay?

I just don't understand the cause for it or how it impacts their system to allow customers to repurchase the same one to be used consecutive to the current in in effect. 

I suspect it has something to do with the fact they expire exactly 360 hours after purchase so customers would be upset that they would be being billed possibly for two concurrently.

Still doesn't explain why the 24-hour wait, however...  🤔

@esjliv   true, but OP said no one replied.  I hope he didn't just send a message to "moderator" or "moderator_team".. 🙂

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@softech @Handy1 , didn't OP say they opened tickets (multiple); if so I think they know how to contact CSA. 🙂 

@Abe53 - if you already submitted multiple tickets then those messages should show in your SENT messages, you see your SENT message when you hit the down arrow on your INBOX messages.

Find one of those message and poke back to anyone until you get a response. That is the only way to communicate with Public Mobile representatives, through messaging.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The re-buying of the same add-on or even doubling up talk add-ons is the worst part of the experience.

Are you sure you don't see replies from support with a red number over the little envelope icon next to your giftbox avatar?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Abe53  This is a known issue with the us roaming  you have to wait 24 hours after the first roaming add on ends to repurchase the very same add on . Otherwise it needs to be a different add on to do it back to back and if you require to you need supports help to do this back to back 

here’s link to support 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Abe53  yes, it is trouble to re-buy the exact same roaming add-on after the first set expired.  You need to wait a full 24 hours to re-buy or ask PM support to help or it won't work, like in your case

For requesting the refund on your 2nd set of roaming addon, Please open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.