cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Talk and Text

WD27
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Once again we travel to the US and purchase US Talk, Text and Data.  About day ten the system stop working.  I renew the Talk, Text and Data and it works again.  Now I get home, I have purchased Talk, Text and Data three times and have days left.  This US System with Public Mobile always seems to trouble for us and wonder what the solution is.  Continue paying for US Service and have extremely poor Service or the System doesn't work, period.

4 REPLIES 4

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

If you're buying so many roaming add-on's, have you considered subscribing to a Canada/US plan? They start at $34/month for 50GB and includes calls and text.

For roaming to work it's best to set your phone to 4G preferred vs 5G, because AT&T 5G doesn't work (but it may connect to it anyway). And if automatic network selection doesn't connect you to T-Mobile or AT&T, you'll need to manually connect to one of them. I've never had issues with automatic network selection, but I've heard some iPhone customers say their phone tried to connect to Verizon, which won't work as they be are not a roaming partner.

As for roaming add-on's, you can't immediately buy the same add-on back to back. I.e. once the 15 days lapses, you'll need to wait until midnight (or 24 hours?) before the system will let you purchase the same add-on again. Alternatively you could log a ticket and ask an agent to do it earlier for you.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@WD27 

Unfortunately, it is the service provider in the USA…AT&T or T-Mobile. Best to connect to the provider with the strongest signal where you are local.

Best to contact a CS_Agent to explain your issue and they will probably give you some credit.

Submit a ticket on the Chat bubble or dm them in Messages on your icon.

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It was working fine with me.

What phone you have? you set the network connection to automatic?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @WD27 

were you aware what network you connected to ? T-Mobile or AT&T?  sometimes you need to connect manually to one of the two networks, and if your phone is not VoLTE whitelisted on PM, you will need to connect to T-Mobile for voice

Need Help? Let's chat.