cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming

henryvano1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I paid for US Roaming but the next day it did not work.  How do I get refunded?

11 REPLIES 11

@henryvano1 

Indeed, that is one of the stupidest limitations with the US roaming add-ons.

It’s almost as if public mobile presumes that everyone travelling there will only be there a week or so. Why they wouldn’t let users buy consecutive terms is ridiculous. Not only would it allow people to plan in advance of their trip, but if they didn’t need it they would have sold two or more add-ons so it’s a way for them to actually make money.

Makes no sense.

In your case, because of the problem with purchasing the same one, I’m pretty sure they will grant you the refund - as well they should.

EDIT:  I see they did. Excellent, they did the right thing!

henryvano1

Thanks for everyone's responses.  I was able to correspond with a CS Agent and they have resolved my issue and the payment is in my account.

henryvano1

I bought the 15 day US Roaming Talk and Text before we left Canada and the first 15 days worked but then we needed to buy another 15 days while we were still in the US.  So I went into the PM website on the last of the first 15 days using my phone and after several very frustrating and long waits, finally had the payment go through.  Then the next day I received several text messages and tried many times to respond but each time got the PM text saying that we needed to add US Roaming.  Didn't know what else to do/try since there is no way of contacting PM and we were travelling....

henryvano1

The payment went through and I got the confirmation for it.  We returned to Canada the next day (Mar 21) so I didn't need the US Roaming Talk and Text then obviously.  Very frustrating that PM won't let you prebuy for the number of days you need it or at least buy 2 x 15 day blocks that work contiguously.  

Yes there's a long existing glitch/problem with re-buying roaming add-ons.The self-serve way is that you have to wait upwards to 24 hours to re-buy. But you can ask support earlier.

Is the amount you paid still in your balance? Are the roaming add-ons still showing in your add-ons (click the little spinner refresh icon below Shop Add-ons to make sure). If it says 1/15 or 0/15 then you can't re-buy yet. If there is no roaming there then try to buy the add-on with the balance if there.

henryvano1

Thanks.  I've submitted a private message.

henryvano1

I bought the 15 day US Roaming Talk and Text before we left Canada and the first 15 days worked but then we needed to buy another 15 days while we were still in the US.  So I went into the PM website on the last of the first 15 days using my phone and after several very frustrating and long waits, finally had the payment go through.  Then the next day I received several text messages and tried many times to respond but each time got the PM text saying that we needed to add US Roaming.  Didn't know what else to do/try since there is no way of contacting PM and we were travelling.

henryvano1

I bought the 15 day US Roaming Talk and Text before we left Canada and the first 15 days worked but then we needed to buy another 15 days while we were still in the US.  So I went into the PM website on the last of the first 15 days using my phone and after several very frustrating and long waits, finally had the payment go through.  Then the next day I received several text messages and tried many times to respond but each time got the PM text saying that we needed to add US Roaming.  Didn't know what else to do/try since there is no way of contacting PM and we were travelling.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@henryvano1 

So that's it?  You're giving up?

Did it work the first day you bought it,  and not the second?

Our were you in Canada when you purchased it and the second day you were in the USA?

Details, including what you tried yourself, can be very helpful.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@henryvano1   what roaming add on you got? Data or voice?

You said the next day it did not work, so, the first day worked?

First make sure you phone is connected to T-Mobile.  If it does not, change the Network selection from Automatic to Manual and then manually pick T-Mobile from the list

If your roaming has Data there, make sure you enable Roaming Mobile Data on your phone

If your roaming has voice, try VoLTE, enable VoLTE from your phone's Connection page

Also, try to connect at a different area of the town.  It could be just a local connection issue where you are at

If you really cannot connect and decide to ask for a refund, please submit ticket via Chatbot:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@henryvano1  First make sure your manually connected to T mobile and reboot the device 

but to get a credit or refund you will need to talk to support 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.