cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming no Data

twocrazydots
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm currently in the US. I activated the 15 day plan including data at the airport this morning for both my wife and me. Hers is working perfectly on her iphone. I have voice/SMS but no data on my Android . I'm connected to TMobile and voice is fine but not data. I even panicked and added a second 15 day block of US data. Still nothing. International data roaming is turned on. I see a 4g indicator on my screen. I've rebooted multiple times. Any ideas? 

9 REPLIES 9

twocrazydots

SOLVED! Changed my APN from Telus to PC Mobile. Done. 

Doing a little bit of reading I came across a redmi forum hinting at maybe this is a known problem with that device. Not sure though.

Can you provide images of your APN settings.

Adding - are you using a VPN?

twocrazydots

No, it's the same brightness. Just a low res scteeenshot. Data has always worked perfectly. 

Did your data work fine when in Canada? Should the 4G be bright like the bars? It looks dim.

twocrazydots

I've tried all of the above suggestions and still nothing. My phone is a Redmi Note 10 Pro. I've attached a screenshot that shows what I mean. 

Screenshot_2023-02-16-18-25-26-621_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@twocrazydots 

If you didn’t use the second data Add-in.

Contact a  CS_Agent for a refund when you return to Canada. Just explain it was a mistake in purchasing. 
What Android phone do you have so if you need further help on manually connecting to T-Mobile.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

This might be dumb but you typed with the little g for 4g. Is it possible you still need to turn on mobile data to get a big g for 4G?

Do you have any data block setting on the phone to stop you from using more than you like?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @twocrazydots you should not buy a second block of roaming data 

do you see your phone connected to T-Mobile?  try to manually connect to it

and I think you said you did, make sure the roaming data is enabled 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@twocrazydots  Manually connect phone to TMobile and reboot the device to start 

Need Help? Let's chat.