cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary Prepaid T-Mobile sim

Jlop11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am in US for two months with long distance addon just finishing in two days. I purchased a T-Mobile US prepaid Sim card with a US number. If I inadvertently receive incoming texts or phone calls from the public mobile Canadian number will I be charged? 

7 REPLIES 7

Put more succinctly @Jlop11 , with Public Mobile you WILL NOT be charged for any services which haven't already been pre-paid for when the cycle on or add-begun.

This means there are never any surprise charges or overages for any calling, texting, or data services - EVER.

So you never have to worry about that with Public Mobile.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Jlop11 

If you didn’t purchase a PM Add-on. You won’t be charged as the call shouldn’t have gone to you.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jlop11   You can't be charged for anything that hasn't already been paid for with prepaid service and incoming texts have always been free of charge (edit: when in the US), with the PM SIM in the phone, of course, as clarified by computergeek541.

Jlop11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I should have been more specific. I purchased an esim so it’s the same card. 

@Jlop11 wrote:

I am in US for two months with long distance addon just finishing in two days. I purchased a T-Mobile US prepaid Sim card with a US number. If I inadvertently receive incoming texts or phone calls from the public mobile Canadian number will I be charged? 

If you only have one cell phone and that phone only has one SIM card slot, you wouldn't be able to accidently use your Public Mobile service when the Public Mobile SIM card isn't inserted into the phone.  This also means that you wouldn't be able to receive the incoming text messages that others are mentioning.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jlop11   Since PM is prepaid, you won't be charged anything extra but as mentioned, incoming texts have been available to PM customers while in the US even without a roaming add-on.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

No. You won't be able to call in or out. You won't be able to text out. But you would be able to receive texts.

Need Help? Let's chat.