cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming for more than 10 days and Redeem awards

dbaharpreet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Friends,

I would be travelling to US for almost 15 days, however all the packages are for almost 10 days. I need calling/text/data for these 15 days. So how I can purchase that. Do I need to add 2 purchases or I can purchase again after completion of 10 days and while in US?

And I some rewards accumulated however I don't know how to add them to my funds. Could you please help.

Regards,

16 REPLIES 16

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dbaharpreet 

Rewards are applied to your available funds in your balance upon renewal. This occurs shortly after midnight eastern on your renewal date. Please note that while your account goes thru renewal no action can be taken in the account such as adding funds or purchasing add ons until the plan payment is taken or the autopay card has been charged. This normally occurs at 2am eastern but can be delayed up to 8 hours.

The suggestion by @hairbag1 to stagger the US roaming talk, text&data add on with a US roaming data add on will allow you avoid to 24 hour waiting period to repurchase. ( Unless you preload funds and contact customer support to arrange the purchase of the second add on of the same.) By having a voip app like textnow will allow you to text and call while on data and you can still recieve incoming texts. The data can supplement the two talk, text&data add ons...or just one if you go without pm calling for the final 5 days.

There have been a few reports of two US roaming add ons interfering with one another (not just ones with a talk feature) if this occurs you must contact customer support to fix the issue.

Here is some info about US roaming add ons that should help you.....

1. While you have to have an active plan to purchase and use US roaming add ons the type of plan you have does not affect the roaming add ons features.
  2. US roaming add ons start the moment you confirm and submit your purchase in your self serve account and expire 240 hours later (10 days×24 hours).
  3. You can pre-load the funds needed to purchase the add ons in your self serve account so you only have to log in, select the US roaming add on and then confirm and submit your purchase.
  4. Wait til late as possible to purchase since they are immediately valid so on free wifi at the destination airport or stopping shortly before the border at mcd's or timmy's to buy the add on while on free wifi.
  5. If you are staying longer than 10 days you must wait a minimum of 24 hours to purchase the same US roaming add on or contact the moderators to add it before the waiting period ends.
  6. If you have two US roaming add ons with a talk feature that overlap the talk feature basically gets disabled. Avoid this....but you will have to get one removed by a moderator to get your calling feature back if this happens.
  7. After purchase reboot your phone and manually select either at&t or T-mobile to get better reception. Some areas have better coverage by either provider so when travelling around the US you will be better served by choosing the provider with better signal strength by locale.
  8. You will recieve incoming texts without any US roaming add ons. Adding the fongo app and textnow app for use on wifi are good to use for a back up plan or you could call forward your pm phone # to your fongo # before you leave Canada and purchase just the US data roaming add on. Fongo also works on mobile data (1 min=0.5mb/100 min=50mb) so you could still recieve incoming pm texts, recieve incoming pm calls to your fongo #/app, outgoing calls from your fongo number and outgoing  texts from textnow for free or small fee from fongo.
  9. All US roaming add ons have either unlimted text, talk or both. Only data has limits depending on your purchase 250mb/500mb/1gb. Once the data is consumed it will just stop you could then purchase different roaming add on, wait 24 hr to buy or contact the moderator to buy the same US roaming add on again. (* except talk as previously mentioned.)

Happy travels and Stay--Safe!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dbaharpreet 

For US Roaming 10 day packages
Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 250MB Data Bundle = $20
Unlimited U.S. Talk and Text Bundle = $15
Unlimited U.S. Talk Only = $8
Unlimited U.S. Text Only = $8
U.S. Data Only 10 day packages
250MB = $10
500MB = $15
1GB = $20

How To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your sign in to Self-Serve, Account

follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
  5. after you Add-on you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Overview Of Add-Ons visit Here link..

after 10 days for Add-ons expiry and waiting for 25 hr to re-Purchase or you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, them can Add for you,

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....and Happy journey..

@dbaharpreet wrote:

Thanks for the help. Could you please let me know how I can contact the customer support. Is there any number to call or it is online chat. Sorry I am new to Public mobile and not aware of the methods yet.

@dbaharpreet 

There's no number to call for service at Public Mobile. So you need to contact Customer Support via one of these 2 methods:

Spoiler
Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"

or send a private message to:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

After sending the message, watch your community inbox for their reply.

@CountyDownIeUk...Spokane and Lake Roosevelt area.  Looking forward to camping along the lake again, next spring.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

Where da heck did you find that?

Should it not be in the USA add on area? And where does it say you can call Canada. 

Would it not make sense to clearly  know what you are buying? Maybe PM would sell more if it was clear. 

I've used the 10 Day US Roaming add-ons frequently for trips to WA state...pre-covid.

Calls to US and Cdn number are included.

Thanks. 

Lol....Bellingham or Burlington?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dbaharpreet : Are you after 240 hours? Or have you used all the data? You can buy a different bucket of data. But you'll need the CSA's help to re-buy talk/text after 240 hours but before 264.

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

Should it not be in the USA add on area? And where does it say you can call Canada. 

Would it not make sense to clearly  know what you are buying? Maybe PM would sell more if it was clear. 

I've used the 10 Day US Roaming add-ons frequently for trips to WA state...pre-covid.

Calls to US and Cdn number are included.

dbaharpreet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the help. Could you please let me know how I can contact the customer support. Is there any number to call or it is online chat. Sorry I am new to Public mobile and not aware of the methods yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CountyDownIeUk : Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Midway Atoll (seems to belong to Hawaii). Of course all states.

Of course CA.

Other LD add-ons don't work.

Edit: speedy up there

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

Wouldn't it be helpful if it showed where you could text or call like LD add ons?

Or in the TOC?

With the 10 Day US Roaming text add-on...you'll be able to send / receive texts anywhere on planet earth, while you're in US.

edit...without the add-on, you might be able to receive texts, but you won't be able to send a text anywhere until you get back to Canada OR get the add-on.

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

Wouldn't it be helpful if it showed where you could text or call like LD add ons?

Or in the TOC?

Below are some important things you should know about U.S. Roaming Add-Ons:

• We’ve partnered with AT&T and T-Mobile to provide you with fantastic coverage. Your U.S. coverage will include all 50 states, plus Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. For more details, check out our coverage map
  • 10 days after you purchase a U.S. Roaming Add-On, it will automatically expire.
  • If you want to purchase two of the same U.S. Roaming Add-Ons, you will have to wait for the first 10-day period to expire before buying the second, or you can contact an Agent.
  • If you purchase 2 different U.S. Roaming Add-Ons, they will expire separately.
    • For example:
      • You purchase a U.S Roaming Talk, Text, Data Add-On on Day 1 of your plan. It will expire on Day 10.
      • On Day 6 of your plan, you purchase a 1 GB U.S. Roaming Data Add-On. It will expire on Day 15.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/overview-of-add-ons

Or in the TOC?

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

let’s say you have a USA talk add on. 

You are are now in the USA. 

Where can you call?...Most any US and Cdn numbers with 10 Day US Roaming add-on

You can can call in all 50 stats...Hawaii too?...Yes

And possessions  Puerto Rico, Guam, US Virgin Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa, Midway Atoll, Palmyra Atoll, Baker Island?...Dunno..but doubtful edit...PR and US Virgin Island are included.

And Canada?...Yes, you can call back to Canada

And if you have an LD add-on...those countries too?...not while in USA. LD add-ons only work when call originates in Canada.

let’s say you have a USA talk add on. 

You are are now in the USA. 

Where can you call?

You can can call in all 50 stats...Hawaii too?

And possessions  Puerto Rico, Guam, US Virgin Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa, Midway Atoll, Palmyra Atoll, Baker Island?

And Canada?

And if you have an LD add-on...those countries too?

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@dbaharpreet wrote:

Hi Friends,

I would be travelling to US for almost 15 days, however all the packages are for almost 10 days. I need calling/text/data for these 15 days. So how I can purchase that. Do I need to add 2 purchases or I can purchase again after completion of 10 days and while in US?

And I some rewards accumulated however I don't know how to add them to my funds. Could you please help.

Regards,

@dbaharpreet 

You cannot add 2 identical packages at the same time. They need  to be purchased again after completion of 10 days (240 hrs, to be exact). There will be a waiting time of 24hrs if you want to do it yourself, or you have to ask Customer support for help to add it immediately.

As for the rewards, you can't use them if they are still pending (shown in brackets). When they are added to your Available funds (by PM on your plan renewal day), then you can use them.

Need Help? Let's chat.