cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming did not work

Ilareema
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought 10 day US Roaming on 23 November 2022. It didn't show up on my account. When I arrived in US on 27th, roaming did not work at all and my account did not show the add on. I bought the 10 day US roaming again on 28th November. Amount is charged promptly from Visa but no roaming. Now I am back in Canada, my accounts shows the add on and it says I have used 19% of the Add-on is used. How could I use 19% when the roaming was not working and the Add-on was not even part of my account?

How can I get my money back?

3 REPLIES 3

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Which of the 10 Day US Roaming add-ons did you buy ?  The add-on becomes valid  for 10 days (240 hours) as soon as you buy it. The text and data should have worked...talk is now very unreliable, for the most part.

For future reference... you should not buy the same roaming add-on until 240 hours + 24 hours has elapsed. Doing so will cause it to not work properly. Wait until it expires + 24 hours before buying the same one.

added...

when you have the roaming add-on in US, make sure to manually select T-Mobile as your preferred network. Verizon and AT&T are unuseable now.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ilareema  It is because the US has shut down 3G service. And many, many people are now having trouble with roaming in the US because of this. You can submit a ticket though SIMon to request a refund for this or though direct message but that is slower 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Ilareema 

US roaming packages are hit and miss. Contact an agent and ask them to credit your account. It will be easier than asking for a refund.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in top right hand corner for a reply from the agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.