cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming - Washington DC

mint_cheesecake
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

Thought I posted last week but can't find my message.

I've been reading some posts about flaky service for US Roaming add-ons. Can anyone testify to whether data works well in Washington DC?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

mint_cheesecake
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks everyone!

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately you have to experience that yourself and let us know.

According to Public Mobile:

PM will have T-mobile 2G network for US talk. Try to manually connect to T-mobile.

Roaming is for Data only. Voice and SMS text will still work.

Data will work on LTE, but will switch over to 2G to make a call.

However, the quality of service will vary depending on the different coverage areas when roaming in the USA.

@mint_cheesecake 

according to one post from couple months ago, Washington DC might not have great roaming experience

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Submit-a-complaint-Data-roaming-in-USA/m-...

Consider using local data prepaid sim and VoIP app instead

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mint_cheesecake   generally speaking, the data will be working fine as it is using LTE/4G network

voice could be hit or miss as it is using T-Mobile 2G network, and older but unreliable network

So, if voice is not important, get the roaming data

if voice using your PM number is important, then try to buy bundle including Roaming Talk.  Worst case, PM will refund the cost

But, you can also use voip app like TextNow to make and receive calls on the app if you are ok to temporary connected with a different phone number

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@mint_cheesecake  Yes talk is the issues for roaming , data is not the issue depending on your time away it may be more reliable to just get a local SIM card for calling 

Need Help? Let's chat.