cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Packs - Can't Call Back To Canada?

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Back in March, I went south of the border, bought the US Roaming talk text & 3 GB data pack, & tried calling a place back to my home city in Canada.  When I tried, the call was not completed.  I forget what exactly happened if there was a message, beeping, silence, or what.

I had no issues with calls & texts to US-based numbers.

Does this mean calls from the US back to Canada are not included with the pack?

7 REPLIES 7

@bluejaywpg   I guess you probably know, install VoIP app TextNow as a backup on you travel.  TextNow allows you to make free call to Canada/US as long as you have Wifi or Mobile Data

bluejaywpg

@hairbag1 wrote:

@bluejaywpg 

if you were able to call / text other US numbers while in US...that suggests that the Roaming add-on was successfully added to your account and was working as expected. You don't say if you tried multiple Cdn numbers or just one. With the add-on in place and whilst you're in US, you should be able to call most any Cdn or US number.   Could be there was a local outage in the community that you tried to call...tough to tell now.

I had only tried the 1 number, & I didn't try extensively because I ended up using a different form of communication when calling failed to work.  On the next trip, if I call home again & it fails, I will note more details.

@bluejaywpg 

if you were able to call / text other US numbers while in US...that suggests that the Roaming add-on was successfully added to your account and was working as expected. You don't say if you tried multiple Cdn numbers or just one. With the add-on in place and whilst you're in US, you should be able to call most any Cdn or US number.   Could be there was a local outage in the community that you tried to call...tough to tell now.

bluejaywpg

@softech wrote:

@bluejaywpg   calling back to Canada is included in the US roaming Talk/Text or Bundle

did you dial 1 in front of the 10 digits?

@softech I checked my call log & it looks like I did dial the 1 before the other 10 digits.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

It does. I've done it many times. If calls worked in the US they should have worked back to Canada. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@bluejaywpg US roaming talk text and data . Will not only allow you to use your phone normally in the US . But to call back home to Canada also . You have to make sure your connected to T mobile for the call to work 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bluejaywpg   calling back to Canada is included in the US roaming Talk/Text or Bundle

did you dial 1 in front of the 10 digits?

Need Help? Let's chat.