cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Not Working

jc14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Unable to get us data package to work. Have tried everything suggested in forums etc. Please help.

10 REPLIES 10

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@jc14  I think you should ask for a credit refund. 

To obtain a ticket, click on https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html and enter your question in SIMon. Follow / invent the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button, click on it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. To confirm that your ticket has been submitted, check the SEND box in your private messages; click on the small envelope next to your avatar at the top right of your screen.

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CSAs. Click: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@jesse12521- Only the long gone $60 plan had talk/text/data roaming included. All other plans are only for use while in Canada. You otherwise need roaming add-ons.

Did you manually connect to T-Mobile? Did you turn on the data roaming option? And of course turn on cell data?

You could also try AT&T but I doubt it. As a last resort you can prove and verify again that Verizon will not work but try it for fun and report back your findings.

jesse12521

I'm having this issue right now too. 

I have a Canada/ US package always with unlimited Canada/US calls & texting. I just added a 1G over 10 days too for good measure but it's still not working.

Had to find wifi to see what these forms say and all people recommend is turning on roaming or setting it manually which is all normal 

@jc14 you said you cam receive text?? do you know if you are connected to LTE?  it should work for data of you can receive text.  

I guess you been to try a different area as well. 

You should be able to receive texts whilst in US...you need roaming add-on in order to send texts.

Make sure that Roaming is enabled on your cell phone...check in settings.

jc14

@esjliv . Have tried restart/update apn/manually select network/ check data roaming on/ etc. No solution. It shows connected to t-mobile, I can receive text messages still.

jc14

@softech Yes tried both / preferred is lte/ portland o

jc14

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jc14  - what have you tried? It would help to narrow down what to advise by others.

Was it working before, or did you just add it to your account and it doesn't work?

For Roaming Addons to work you must be in the U.S.A., are you? Is your Roaming option on in the settings of your device? Try restarting your phone.

Get Help Roaming article:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/us-roaming

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jc14 tried both AT&T and T-Mobile? Tried connected manually?

Your preferred network type is LTE?

Which city and state you are at now??

Need Help? Let's chat.