cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Not Working

irlandee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi guys,

I’m having a problem roaming in the US. I recently signed up for the 75GB Can/US plan. I drove into NY and with settings on auto it picked up T-Mobile 5G. However, no data. 
I pulled over and read through the PM forum and Reddit. I might be missing something somehow. 

what I’ve tried:

data roaming: ON

manual selection: tried T-Mobile and AT&T

data: LTE rather than 5G Auto

APN: isp.mb.com and sp.mb.com (as listed on PM support)

multiple reboots for multiple settings 

nothing.

maybe I’m missing something, I’ve opened a ticket with PM. Usually, there’s be something simple I missed but I’m at the throw the phone out the window stage lol. 

7 REPLIES 7

@irlandee 

@irlandee wrote:

Yes, it should be. Although, you might be onto something. Although the account is new, and I selected the 75GB CAN-US, in my app it shows 225GB/$120 90 days and does NOT show US in that entry. This is weird because when I signed up it showed for 75GB CAN-US, it showed me 2 options to pay, monthly or 90 days. So I selected 90 days. It is 75GB a month. It is $40. Just that the data rolls over during the period. 

Sounds like you did everything right and you should have service while in Canada and US. If you only recently started this plan...could be there's a glitch. Reach out to the Customer Support folks and they can make sure your account is as it should be.  Use this link to message a CSA for their help...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Let us know once you get it going and how you fixed things.

irlandee

Argh. It seems to be this:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Subscription-bait-amp-switch-gt-NOT-a-hap...

and I agree with the OP, it is a bait-and-switch. You sign up for CAN US, during the checkout it says hey you want to 90 days, you go ok and you lost US even though same price. That’s a really weird approach by PM. I’m sure countless others missed this too. Sigh. I’ll talk to PM. Why offer that during the checkout if it diverts from what the customer wants - CAN US. 

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@irlandee wrote:

Yes, it should be. Although, you might be onto something. Although the account is new, and I selected the 75GB CAN-US, in my app it shows 225GB/$120 90 days and does NOT show US in that entry. This is weird because when I signed up it showed for 75GB CAN-US, it showed me 2 options to pay, monthly or 90 days. So I selected 90 days. It is 75GB a month. It is $40. Just that the data rolls over during the period. 

You are on the wrong plan then. That was not a 90-day US plan.

Check out this post: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Subscription-bait-amp-switch-gt-NOT-a-hap...

irlandee

iPhone 14 Pro Max

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

What phone do you have?

irlandee

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@irlandee 

sounds like you tried all usual suggestions...can you double check that the plan you have is actually a Cdn/US plan please.

Need Help? Let's chat.