tried to call the States and message says I don't have

a Long Distance Plan

What's with that ?

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@skeptical11 wrote:

Still does not show up as an Add on in my account.....?

What do you see after clicking Plan Details?

Perhaps it's been there all along. 🙂

@skeptical11 wrote:

Have a look at this tutorial for buying an add on to ensure you followed all the steps.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

skeptical11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@skeptical11 wrote:

added funds and then added 10 days of US call roaming, which i need 

while in the US

@skeptical11   Do you see the add-on in your account's overview page under My Data/Add-ons? 

If you see it try rebooting your phone and also you may need to manually select one of the partnering networks AT&T or T-Mobile.  Sometimes one of them may have a better connection in the location you may currently be ATM.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Your original post was that you tried to call the States using this...

You don't have a US long distance calling plan. 

A roaming plan is for when you are in the US, connected to a network in the States, not to call from Canada to the US.

bought this plan 15 minutes ago - CC was charged

a Long Distance Plan

What's with that ?

Thanks

skeptical11

added funds and then added 10 days of US call roaming, which i need 

while in the US

Anonymous
Not applicable

@skeptical11 wrote:

make calls while in the US only

Right. So with the balance on hand that you paid in, go back and do the purchase of the add-on. Like I said, it's a little non-intuitive. The clock starts when you purchase it. Don't buy multiples of the same named add-on. Wait a day after it expires.

skeptical11

make calls while in the US only

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@skeptical11 , what is it EXACTLY you want to do?  And what is it, EXACTLY, you have already done?

Be specific.

Far as I know, before anything can be 'added' to the plan, there has to be available funds sufficient to pay for the add-on displaying in your 'Available Funds'.

Sounds like you added the funds (maybe?), and didn't add the add-on you feel you need?    Are we anywhere close?

Like someone said, if you're simply looking for calling to the US, and you'll be making those calls from within Canada, take advantage of the More the Merrier promotion which will provide 500 minutes of International calling.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@skeptical11 wrote:

DIDN;T see that on their site - where do I find it ?

Thanks

Didn't see what? Let's back up here.

What are you trying to do?

Call the US from Canada? Or use Public Mobile services while in the US?

skeptical11

DIDN;T see that on their site - where do I find it ?

Thanks

@skeptical11 wrote:

yes, I bought a 10 day  US roaming and paid for it

does it take 24 hours to activate ?

Does not show up in my account, as yet

@skeptical11 If you bought the roaming plan it is a two-step process.  THe first time you "purchase" the add-on it actually just puts money into your available funds.  You will then need to go in and "re-purchase" the add-on to have it activated.  If you have done that and are in the US try to manually select the AT&T or T~Mobile Network.  If you are in Canada you need a long-distance add-on not a roaming add-on.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

skeptical11

yes, I bought a 10 day  US roaming and paid for it

does it take 24 hours to activate ?

Does not show up in my account, as yet

Shirley19

That was silly buying the plan when public mobile is giving a holiday bonus add on of 400 minutes international calling for free right now. And like everyone else is saying, US roaming plans are for when you’re in the US. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@skeptical11 : Buying any add-ons is an un-intuitive 2 step process. 1. deposit money 2. buy add-on. Step 1 _seems_ like you're buying the add-on.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can only call while you're in the US.  Does the roaming add-on appear in your account ?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/us-roaming

10 day packages

U.S. Talk, Text and 250 MB Data bundle: $20
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle: $15

lheintzman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

"US roamng" refers to calls originating in the US. To make a call from Canada to the US, you need to an international minutes package.

Did you buy the correct add-on?  If not, try contacting a moderator and asking for a refund. They don't have to give you one, but it won't hurt to ask. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@skeptical11 wrote:

bought this plan 15 minutes ago - CC was charged

a Long Distance Plan

What's with that ?

Thanks

What plan did you purchase?  The Canada US Plan is for calls while connected to the Telus Network in Canada.  You are mentioning Roaming do you have the US roaming add-on purchased?

Edited to add: Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in US calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.