cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US-Can Plans

Canlab
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I know if my phone is compatible in the USA for Volte?  Is there a list I can check or by the IMEI number?

7 REPLIES 7

@hTideGnow I actually went back to Telus because of a BF EPP deal I couldn't say no to. And I'm in the US right now and am happy to say that AT&T 5G roaming works fine on Telus! My wife stuck with PM, but unfortunately I don't have a device to test that isn't on PM's VoLTE white list.

IH @DennyCrane 

I was told as long as the account has VoLTE flogged ,which everyone is by now, then it is ok. it works because the VoLTE is a technical part between the roaming provider and the phon.  While the voice calls could come back to PM network, the actual connection is with T-Mobile/AT&T and the device and hence it just depends on T-Mobile/AT&T can deliver the voice via VoLTE with the device

no, I didn't got US lately and can't prove the theory.  Maybe you can next time you go there.

@hTideGnow I don't believe that to be true. We'd have far less issues with PM users unable to make phone calls in the US if that were the case. As far as I'm aware it's PM's VoLTE white list alone that matters.

Canlab

Thank you

Canlab

Thank you.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Canlab 

check this VoIP list 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

but my friend works in Telus told me, for VoLTE during roaming, we should check TMobile or AT&T VoLTE list instead.  As long as the phone is compatible over there, it doens't matter if it is on PM list or not

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Canlab  You can test this by setting your phone to LTE and turn of wifi now make a call does the phone stay onLTE or drop to 3G ? If it stays on LTE no worries voLTE is enabled on your account 

Need Help? Let's chat.