cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Add-On Error:ValidateAndUpdateOptions/Balance_12ValidateAndUpdateOptions/Provis

Jbishop
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I desperately need your help.  I am in the US and everytime I purchase the add-on for roaming text and talk, I have encountered the above error message.  I understand it's a two step purchase process and last time I had an issue I was able to contact 1-855-4PUBLIC number.  Now I cannot even do that.  I am in the US without a phone so in an event of an emergency, I have no way of communicating.  I often drive on the highway and if I become stranded, I am unable to call for help.

as an example, I borrowed a stranger's cell phone today to purchase add-on to my account and called in using the 1-855-4PUBLIC number (hope it didn't cost the good semaritan money) to purchase from PUBLIC mobile's prompt and even after doing so, my roaming is still not working.  As a matter of fact, I think my account balance had been incorrectly debited which is fine if the roaming charge worked.  It's so embarrassing as I am borrow another stranger's tablet to write about this problem.  Please have your tech team help me.  Again in case of an emergency I have no way to call for help.

13 REPLIES 13

@NDesai, you just beat me.  By the time I was hitting enter to maket he move the post was not in the location I was moving it from.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

wrote:

There is a sub-dicsussion "US Add-On Error:ValidateAndUpdateOptions/Balance_12ValidateAndUpdateOptions/Provis" taking place in the "Launching ready-made plans + more!" topic.

Is it possible for an Oracle to move this sub-discussion to its own topic?

Done.

Thanks for reporting. 

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There is a sub-discussion "US Add-On Error:ValidateAndUpdateOptions/Balance_12ValidateAndUpdateOptions/Provis" taking place in the "Launching ready-made plans + more!" topic.

Is it possible for an Oracle to move this sub-discussion to its own topic?

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@Jbishop, can you please continue with the private thread that we've already started. We are yet to see your answers. Thank you! Please find this link to know how to view your messages: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Private-Messages-viewing-and-creating...

@Jbishop Just keep corresponding with the moderators until it gets sorted. 

If you're confused about private messaging read this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Private-Messages-viewing-and-creating...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Jbishop

...Help!  Still unresolved evening after replying to the moderator's security questions.  Attached is my plan summary.  The previous two purchases were possible, after call the 1-855-4Public number.  I opted for the toll free number because I continually get an error message when purchasing from online...above error message in subject line.

Attached is my account summary and error message....

xxxxxxxxxxx

Jbishop

I've replied to answer all your security questions.  Can you not call me instead?  

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@Jbishop, Hi there! just to let you know that I have answered you in your private messages, please check! Thank you! 

Jbishop

I encounter the same problem every time I re-new every 10 days for the past 3 weeks.  

- I am on an auto renew monthly plan and have been over 7 years now. 

The add-on purchases to my wallet have been debited twice for the US Roaming Text & Talk (via burrowed phone 1-855-4Public) and still I have no service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wetcoaster, absolutely right about customer service not being available unless on a legacy plan.

However, he should be able to use the 855 number as of today (Monday the 29th), to buy another 10 plan(using the automated system), since his last one was done on the 18th, and should have expired at midnight.

wrote:

you can either wait it out, or get in touch with someone at either the call center, or a moderator (as I mentioned in my previous post).

@Anonymous

1-855-4PUBLIC offers the same services as *611. Unless the person is on a legacy plan they won't get phone support (if they actually get through to an agent, the agent has no way of accessing the account.)

If they have their credit card registered and know their account PIN they can buy available roaming add-ons (I agree that timing might be an issue, only mods can help if that is the case) through the automated system.

Not sure how many times how long @Jbishop is in the US, but looking into a local option or a service like Roam Mobility might be an option for the future.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jbishop, Your last addon, that you purchased a week ago, was it the same one as you are trying to re-add now?  I think the system does not allow the same addon to be purchased until the previous one has expired.  Simply consuming the entire add-on is not the same as the old one expiring.  If it is a 10 day add-on, then you can only re-purchase the same add-on after the 10 days have gone by.  That might be your problem.  If it is, you can either wait it out, or get in touch with someone at either the call center, or a moderator (as I mentioned in my previous post).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jbishop,  Really sorry to hear about your troubles (again) with the add-on purchase.  The only other option to get things sorted out (if you can't get through to the 855 number) would be to send a private message to the moderators team.  They are gone for the night, but should be back on-line at 9AM (eastern).  Be sure to include your account info (account #, PIN, etc.), and explain your situation.  Hopefully they can get you re-connected.  Note also that the call center (855-4public) has the same hours as the moderators.  If you called after 7:30pm, they would have been gone for the day.  You might be able to get through after 9am tomorrow.

If you don't already have this set up already, you might want to get a credit card on file in your account.  Might make things easier if the moderators need to process a transaction for you.

Click here to send them a private message. You can find information regarding the moderators team by following this link.

One last thing, and I realize you were probbably stressed out when doing this, but you posted your question in an old topic under the Announcements category.  Your question could easilly have gone unnoticed for a while.  You should alway post new questions (issues) in a new topic, so that you get the quickest respons. 

Need Help? Let's chat.