cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UMIDIGI A13 Pro 5G

FlutteringBy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I bought a UMIDIGI A13 Pro 5G during the recent Black Friday sales.....

After a bit of setup, I put in my Public Mobile sim card....within 5 seconds everything was totally set up; voice, data & messaging work as they should!!

I must say I was most impressed & very pleased....😊....

I should also mention that 5G & VoLTE were automatically turned on....

10 REPLIES 10

Same experience, Samsung S20FE 5G purchased from Public Mobile and without 5G access. Crucially VoLTE works. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I hate to say this, enjoy the VoLTE while it lasts.  I have the exact phone.  VoLTE worked for about a month and out of the blue, I experienced a rug pull.  5G still works though. 

FlutteringBy

@wetcoaster....

Here's hoping....I'm supposed to switch to a 5G plan (I'm 4G right now) at the middle of December, so we'll see what happens...

@wetcoaster wrote:

Fingers crossed that VoLTE and 5G stay accessible long term for you. There is a chance that Public Mobile will take it away once the system detects that your phone is not on their white list.

(Yes, speaking from experience, my Umidigi Bison 2021 is back to 3G calling after a few weeks of VoLTE access when my account was first updated)

I am disappointed that Public Mobile does this.  There's just no reason for it and many will say that it's anti-competitive behavior.

FlutteringBy

Yes, I had been reading some of the older Unidigi posts & I was a little apprehensive....I almost couldn't believe my eyes that everything set up so fast & worked!!....

Must have been my lucky day....😊....

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Fingers crossed that VoLTE and 5G stay accessible long term for you. There is a chance that Public Mobile will take it away once the system detects that your phone is not on their white list.

(Yes, speaking from experience, my Umidigi Bison 2021 is back to 3G calling after a few weeks of VoLTE access when my account was first updated)

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

I'm glad your set up worked right away. Thanks for sharing. 

I have Samsung s20 and can't even get 5g so that's great for Umdigi. I was looking into that phone a few weeks ago. Really rugged and tough with strong battery. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Great review @FlutteringBy 

Yes, Umidigi seems to be very popular here.  But data sometimes hard to make it work and glad it is working for you

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@FlutteringBy 

that's good infor, fer shur. There have been PM customers who say the Umidigi is a very reliable cellphone at reasonable cost. I'm sure they'll comment one they see your post.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

This is great feedback even though I Never heard of that brand. I personally would stick with Pixel or Samsung (even though Samsung packs a lot of bloatware in their Android versions but brand is reliable and compatible with everything).

Need Help? Let's chat.