cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK roaming : I plan on travelling to UK for 10 days. Is there roaming package i could activate ?

Trup_18
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I plan on travelling to UK for 10 days. Is there roaming package i could activate for this duration ?

There is a 500 mins international calls active in my account however i believe this is just from within canada, is that right ? 

5 REPLIES 5

Terryscell
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I used giffgaff. They mailed a free SIM card to me in Canada. So, I was able to set up an account and have coverage when I got off the plane; no searching airport or strange mall for a retailer. Unlimited calls and texts, 5G speed, at $8-15, depending on data required. Has EU roaming, too.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Trup_18 

The 500 minutes LD calling can only work if you make the call while in Canada not in the UK.

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Depending on your needs you can pick up a local sim and provider or use apps like textnow or WhatsApp if wifi is available.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

PM has no roaming in UK.  But if you travel for 10 days in UK, it is best to use the travel esim if your phone takes esim.  I can provide you some info

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Trup_18 Public Mobile only offers roaming to the US, you would need to get a local SIM card for any other location. You are correct, the 500 mins can only be used from within Canada

Need Help? Let's chat.