cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. roaming

Steph513
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi- I purchased the US roaming 15 day add on but I have used up the data on that and have a few days left of my trip. I think it has switched to my regular data from Canada but will that cost me big time?? Or am I allowed to used that data because I have the 15 day talk and text thing and I have only used a few days on that? What do I do?

8 REPLIES 8

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Steph513, yes, if you look at @DennyCrane's response there should be 3 data only add ons you can choose for roaming in the US:

250 MB $10
1 GB      $20
3 GB     $25

All 3 options above are good for only 15 days

Steph513
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you! This is my plan for reference and i bought the 1GB plus 15 day talk/text. In future I think I just need US data… is there a data only add on? I can’t see one

IMG_1552.jpeg

@DennyCrane   Agreed.  I was responding to @BKNS27  's comment that you can't buy another add on right after one ends.  That only applies if buying the same one again, which was the point I was trying to make, not saying that the OP should do that.  

@Phil_Adelphus OP still has a number of days left of US talk and text, so it wouldn't make sense to buy the same add-on anyway. A data only add-on is all they need.

1000016027.png

@BKNS27   Once you used up your U.S. Roaming then no roaming will be available for few day.

It depends, you can't get the same add on for 24 hours after one expires (unless you get support to do it) but you can buy a different add on without a waiting period.  So if for example the OP had a talk text and data add on that expired and now has a talk and text add on only, they can still immediately buy a US data only add on.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Steph513 

Once you used up your U.S. Roaming then no roaming will be available for few day. PM is a prepaid so you will need to pay for another 15 days Add-on if you want roaming.

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Steph513, Public Mobile will not charge you extra for roaming or for extra usage. The services or add-ons will simply work if you paid for them and not work if you haven't but if somehow you have found a way to get things working longer or where they shouldn't be then consider yourself luck 🙂

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Your data from your base plan will not work unless you have a Canada/US plan. Talk/text will continue to work though. If you need more data you'll need to purchase another roaming data add-on. Or maybe consider a travel esim from a provider such as Airalo or Ubigi.

Need Help? Let's chat.