cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Add-Ons

PM280750
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased 15-day talk and text add-ons Friday, March 17. My talk is working fine but my texting is not working at all.  No texts are getting through.  My account now says I only have 12/15 days left for talk and text. I checked my APN setting and it’s correct. My network selection is T-Mobile. My carrier services is Public Mobile Web. My Cellular Data is on and my Roaming is on.  What is the problem here, I paid $15 and am not getting service.

6 REPLIES 6

georgelaidaw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The public mobile lets me choose the correct add on but won't deduct any funds from my account. The balance remains at 0. The previous times it deducted the $30. It's not a problem with the phone. The server won't process the transaction.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@PM280750   

Talk roaming  works?

do you know if the phone is connected to LTE or 2G? You can leave it with LTE if it is for text only, or better, leave it with Automatic

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @PM280750  do you see the phone still connecting to T-Mobile? 

Both inbound and outbound text are not working? did you try to reboot your phone?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Do you use native SMS app or some 3rd party app (like apple's stuff)?

Do not adjust APM - nothing to do with SMS

@PM280750 wrote:

I purchased 15-day talk and text add-ons Friday, March 17. My talk is working fine but my texting is not working at all.  No texts are getting through.  My account now says I only have 12/15 days left for talk and text. I checked my APN setting and it’s correct. My network selection is T-Mobile. My carrier services is Public Mobile Web. My Cellular Data is on and my Roaming is on.  What is the problem here, I paid $15 and am not getting service.

APN settings are unrelated to SMS text messaging services. Check your messaging app isn't set to send messages through the internet instead of through the SMS protoocol.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you mean outgoing texts? I suppose incoming as well. Sounds like imessage. Turn on the send as sms option in imessage. You should be able to do the instant messaging when on wifi but you don't have data so it won't work.

Need Help? Let's chat.