cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Weeks In Can't Activate My Phone

e1231
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does Public Mobile actually have a customer support team? I sent in a ticket on Wednesday last week and have yet to receive a response. I get that there is a higher volume of support tickets than usual, but I subscribed to the service on November 19, and I am still not able to complete my activation.

It is extremely frustrating having paid for a service that I cannot use.

The other issue is that the current process they have for sending tickets is terrible. I was advised by another community member to send a private message to reach support, but there is no way to track if my message has been received, or if any progress has been made.

If there is a Public Mobile employee that monitors this community, it would be great if I could get some sort of update.

22 REPLIES 22

e1231

I already purchased a physical Public Mobile SIM card, as indicated in my previous replies.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Then you will have to get a physical SIM card.
https://public-mobile.myshopify.com/cart/add?id=5876039041

@e1231  Yes your correct about the s20 firmware for 5G in phone settings . Also physical sim card is better then eSIM in most every way in my opinion 

Hi @e1231 

support agent usually reply in an hour or two. 

please message them again now. and check your inbox for their reply

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

@CS_Agent will for sure reply today.

e1231

It is a Samsung S20 5G. I've already done a Google search and found other PM community posts mentioning the same issue. The Canadian S20 5G firmware does not have SIM manager, the only way to use eSIM is to flash with the "US firmware" but that is not something that I want to do since there is risk involved with bricking your phone.

@e1231  When you get ahold of support get them to SIM card swap the number for you to the new physical dim you have and then will be able to finish setting up account and activate it 

e1231

I sent them additional messages, and no one is responding to me.

HI @e1231 

what phone do you have?

e1231

The Issue is that I subscribed to the service and chose to use an eSIM after having verified through the site that it was supposedly compatible. Upon trying to activate my phone through the app, I was told that it was not eSIM compatible. I have since purchased a Public Mobile SIM card to activate the phone, but I can't resume with the activation since it does not give me an option to resume the activation with the SIM card.

@e1231  I think you should private message them once more . They were really back loved for a bit dude to Black Friday promos . But I think those wait times are now resolved 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

e1231

Yes I have been checking my inbox every day for a reply and nothing

@e1231 wrote:

No, I can't port over because I can't get past the activation in the app.

HI @e1231 

which step you got the error? please post screenshot

e1231

No, I can't port over because I can't get past the activation in the app.

@e1231  Did you check your community inbox for their reply , you can use this link for their response 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

HI @e1231 

plesae do not cap your message, you are talking to your fellow customers only.  We are good customers like you and trying to help, we shouldn't got yelled at

for your problem, please  submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Did you port over?

e1231

Before anyone asks or tells me

YES I SENT A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO CS_AGENT WITH MY ISSUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO ONE IS GETTING BACK TO ME, AND IT HAS BEEN OVER SIX DAYS.

I SUBSCRIBED TO THIS GARBAGE SERVICE AND I CAN'T EVEN USE IT BECAUSE I CAN'T ACTIVATE MY PHONE, AND THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT TEAM IS THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN FIX THIS ISSUE.

Epic

My experience is that all the problems which can't be done by ourselves will be solved if you send private message to CS_Agent. They may have different people help you at different time. But they will solve all the issues. Once the conversation starts, they can reply quite instantly.

Alex80
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Sanson I have an account which I have paid for and I am trying to activate my account and my SIM. Unfortunately the Public Mobile app won't work on my Samsung S6 phone. How do I activate my Account and my SIM? Many thanks Alex Unwin

Sorry to hear that. Let's see what else can be done. I will send you a message separately to your inbox since you seemed to be stuck on the last step.

e1231

Yes, I am using the app to activate.

The Issue is that I subscribed to the service and chose to use an eSIM after having verified through the site that it was supposedly compatible. Upon trying to activate my phone through the app, I was told that it was not eSIM compatible. I have since purchased a Public Mobile SIM card to activate the phone, but I can't resume with the activation.

I already sent a private message to CS_Agents, but no one has gotten back to me since Wednesday of last week.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@e1231  Are you using the APP to activate and not website you need to use the app if still no luck please submit ticket with support 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

Need Help? Let's chat.