cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two New SIM activate last night, Still NO SERVICE

Fakejordan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Activated two SIM cards at Walmart yesterday @ 6pm. Still no service and can't detect network as of today. Is been over 12 hrs of porting. All the info the rep setup and printed out is correct. Both old Sim Cards with Rogers is already deactivated. Tried restarting the phones too, no go. What's happening?

44 REPLIES 44

Fakejordan

@srlawren wrote:

@Fakejordan wrote:

Unlocked Samsung S6. 

I have another phone Huawei P20 experiencing the same problem but after re-inserting the SIM. It is now active. S6 on the other hand still not ported

@Fakejordan so now that @Shazia_K has confirmed it's not a provisioning/activation error, let's come back to your s6.  If you haven't already, would you please take the SIM that's not working in the S6 and try putting it in the P20 instead to see if it still doesn't work?  If it doesn't, then it's the SIM card is defective and needs to be replaced.  If it does work, then the issue is with the S6.

If it's the S6, did you buy it unlocked from a Samsung Experience store?  Or did you buy it from a previous provider (Rogers I think you said?) and then had it unlocked after?  Or other?  Many Samsung models are sold unlocked, but will lock themselves to the network of the first SIM inserted.  If you bought it unlocked at the Samsung store, they should have put in one of their own SIMs to force it to lock, and then immediately unlocked it for you.  Is it possible they didn't do this?  

Is not my s6. I've tested it out with an active public mobile sim card without any issue. On the other than, I tested out the sim card with a active public mobile user phone and still no service. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Fakejordan wrote:

Unlocked Samsung S6. 

I have another phone Huawei P20 experiencing the same problem but after re-inserting the SIM. It is now active. S6 on the other hand still not ported

@Fakejordan so now that @Shazia_K has confirmed it's not a provisioning/activation error, let's come back to your s6.  If you haven't already, would you please take the SIM that's not working in the S6 and try putting it in the P20 instead to see if it still doesn't work?  If it doesn't, then it's the SIM card is defective and needs to be replaced.  If it does work, then the issue is with the S6.

If it's the S6, did you buy it unlocked from a Samsung Experience store?  Or did you buy it from a previous provider (Rogers I think you said?) and then had it unlocked after?  Or other?  Many Samsung models are sold unlocked, but will lock themselves to the network of the first SIM inserted.  If you bought it unlocked at the Samsung store, they should have put in one of their own SIMs to force it to lock, and then immediately unlocked it for you.  Is it possible they didn't do this?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Fakejordan

I am sorry to hear that the issue with your phone is still unresolved. 

I did take a look at your account and I can assure that everything is active on our end as previously mentioned by my colleague Noella, your phone number has been ported to us as well.

With that being said, I also tried ringing your phone and I got your voicemail. This is definitely a device or SIM card issue, can you please test the SIM card in another unlocked phone to see if it would work? 

Thanks, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Fakejordan

Day 4 now. Still no service and no constructive respond from Mod Team. This can't be right, there got to be another avenue to address this? CTRC? This company provide no service, charge the customer, and provide no tech support to resolve the issue. I don't even have an option to move to another provider without risking losing my number. 

Fakejordan

@srlawren wrote:

@Effort wrote:

I would like them to incorporate Twitter Direct Messaging as a way to get support. There is always someone monitoring their social media. It's either they're fishing for new possible customers by looking for people dissatisified with other providers or publically giving support to people that are having issues with their account.

@Effort they used to do this--however it caused more problems than it solved.  Believe it or not, going to a single channel for contact--private messaging the moderator_team account here in the community--was actually an improvement.

It took them less than an hour to answer my facebook message but 3 freaking days to send me a reply to my email. The Mods told me the Private message is a first come first serve base. 

They answered my 2nd and 4th email which I sent out in a span of three days. What gives? 

This company needs to get their priority straight. Put less resources on social media and more effort on Tech Support. 

srlawren

@Effort wrote:

I would like them to incorporate Twitter Direct Messaging as a way to get support. There is always someone monitoring their social media. It's either they're fishing for new possible customers by looking for people dissatisified with other providers or publically giving support to people that are having issues with their account.

@Effort they used to do this--however it caused more problems than it solved.  Believe it or not, going to a single channel for contact--private messaging the moderator_team account here in the community--was actually an improvement.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Fakejordan

@will13am wrote:

@Fakejordan wrote:

@ajaykrishnan wrote:

I just got a message from the Moderators saying the port is complete and that I should reboot my phone. AS IF I HAVEN'T BEEN TRYING THAT FOR THE LAST 5 DAYS WHILE THEY PROVIDE LAUGHABLE SUPPORT.

You are lucky. Is day 3 for me still no service. A mod reached out and ask for more personal info from me for verification. Been over 24 hrs now and still no word since I reply. Really not sure how the Mod team works. I will be sending out my 5th email to them this morning. How can a CSR or Mod Team not respond to customer for more than 24 hrs after reaching out. 

There have been recent major issues affecting account renewals.  This has resulted in larger than normal volumes of work for the moderators.  When using the private messaging system for interactions, it is not efficient to use it like live chat or phone support.  Because each private message be it the original one or subsequent responses goes back into the queue, it is imperative that as much detail as possible is included in the first message to avert back and forth responses.  The message should include identity information to confirm the affected account, usually account number/phone number plus PIN code.  Follow that by a full explanation of the problem.  If the problem involves some sort of purchase, be it add-on or renewal, make sure there are adequate funds available for the moderator team to work with.  They can provide assistance with the purchase, but don't expect them to pay for it.  Once you get the hang of it, the private messaging system is not all that bad. 

At least they should put that on the **bleep** Help Page. How the heck do new customer know what to provide to get basic support? If there is a major issue, at least send a reply customer who reached out to them and letting them know a time frame of a reply or when the issue is resolved. 

I sent them 5 Private Email. A mod, Ashley, responded to me requesting more info. I provided them within hrs of her email. It has been two days since I reply, haven't heard from her. 

Look at others that replied to my thread. Some are experiencing 5 days or more without a simple response. How can you justify that? There is something wrong with the department. 

My hands are ties, not knowing where is my number is with. PM or my old provider. My old SIM card is now deactivated. Meaning my number is with PM but they haven't activated yet. I can't even go to another company without risking losing my number. 

I tried to get actual support dialing 611 on a PM phone. The whole system is automated. This is nuts. Don't have a flash sale if you can't have the structure for tech support. 

@Fakejordan wrote:

@ajaykrishnan wrote:

I just got a message from the Moderators saying the port is complete and that I should reboot my phone. AS IF I HAVEN'T BEEN TRYING THAT FOR THE LAST 5 DAYS WHILE THEY PROVIDE LAUGHABLE SUPPORT.

You are lucky. Is day 3 for me still no service. A mod reached out and ask for more personal info from me for verification. Been over 24 hrs now and still no word since I reply. Really not sure how the Mod team works. I will be sending out my 5th email to them this morning. How can a CSR or Mod Team not respond to customer for more than 24 hrs after reaching out. 

There have been recent major issues affecting account renewals.  This has resulted in larger than normal volumes of work for the moderators.  When using the private messaging system for interactions, it is not efficient to use it like live chat or phone support.  Because each private message be it the original one or subsequent responses goes back into the queue, it is imperative that as much detail as possible is included in the first message to avert back and forth responses.  The message should include identity information to confirm the affected account, usually account number/phone number plus PIN code.  Follow that by a full explanation of the problem.  If the problem involves some sort of purchase, be it add-on or renewal, make sure there are adequate funds available for the moderator team to work with.  They can provide assistance with the purchase, but don't expect them to pay for it.  Once you get the hang of it, the private messaging system is not all that bad. 

Fakejordan

@ajaykrishnan wrote:

ajaykrishnan

Fakejordan

Still no service and support for over 2 days since activation. Are these moderators volunteers or employee of Public Mobile? Doesn't seem like they are active or engage in helping customers. Can't believe I gave up a decent Rogers plan for this garbage. 

icecold1

yes i did i thank must go back to koodo

Fakejordan

@popping wrote:

@icecold1 Did you send your private message using the following link?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Wait 4 days with no response is not acceptable. Let us hope that they will response to your request before 9pm EDT.

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7pm (EDT)

I got a reply asking for more I go to verify my account. They responded to a more recent email rather than my first email. There is flaw in their system on replying to tickets. If this don't get resolve, will move onto other company. I'm taking more loss than gain from the savings from this no service issue 

popping

@icecold1 Did you send your private message using the following link?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Wait 4 days with no response is not acceptable. Let us hope that they will response to your request before 9pm EDT.

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7pm (EDT)

Fakejordan

@icecold1 wrote:

I have been waiting 4 days and no moderator Team YET

Have you contacted the mods 

icecold1

I have been waiting 4 days and no moderator Team YET

Fakejordan

@MacMe wrote:

@Fakejordan wrote:

Unlocked Samsung S6. 

On your Samsung, did you try going into your phone's Cellular network settings and manually choosing Public Mobile as the Network operator? 

Yes. I did. Still the same. 

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Fakejordan wrote:

Unlocked Samsung S6. 

On your Samsung, did you try going into your phone's Cellular network settings and manually choosing Public Mobile as the Network operator? 

Fakejordan

@ajaykrishnan wrote:

Update - radio silence from the ghosts of @CS_Agent. Seriously how can it be no one has contacted me?? 

I send out 2 private message to the Mods. 1) 8 hrs ago 2.) 4 hrs ago. They replied to the 4hrs ago email. Keep sending them and hope someone responds. 

They requested my info for security check and now I'm waiting again.  

ajaykrishnan

Update - radio silence from the ghosts of @CS_Agent. Seriously how can it be no one has contacted me?? 

Fakejordan

@MacMe wrote:

@Fakejordan What is the make and model of the phones that you are trying to use?  

Unlocked Samsung S6. 

MacMe

@Fakejordan What is the make and model of the phones that you are trying to use?  

Fakejordan

You can't even send in a ticket that is urgent. If another member is still waiting after 72hrs since activation to port, is pretty ridiculous. 

Can I opt for another company, even the port to PM is not finalized?

pakmode

Hopefully this gets resolved for you soon.

It's frustrating, but once it starts working you won't look back.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Maybe it is a training issue with the retail partners.  Personally, I would always request a new number during activation.  This method is virtually fool proof.  Upon completion of account set up, then the porting can be done.  If the port is stuck for whatever reason, at least there is an account that is up and running on this end even if the associated number is the temporary one assigned during activation. 

I imagine given the busy weekend, the moderators are probably swamped with fixing account problems.  Response times will likely be much longer than usual. 

Fakejordan

I did the same thing too. Active SIM works on my phones. Verified the new PM SIM is not active on a PM user's phone. 

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Fakejordan wrote:

How would you go about getting your bill adjusted? Without service for 72hrs and more, they shouldn't charge you for those off time, not even considering if you lose more cause by this. 

Send a private message to the mods (@CS_Agent) to ask - I have no idea if they'll do it, but I've heard they're pretty understanding.

Fakejordan

How would you go about getting your bill adjusted? Without service for 72hrs and more, they shouldn't charge you for those off time, not even considering if you lose more cause by this. 

ajaykrishnan

I don't think your number is lost -- it has been released to Public Mobile, but for some reason Public Mobile has not provisioned you to register your SIM on their network. I have exactly the same problem so I know exactly your issue. Unfortunately with the "different" support model we are stuck at the whim of the @CS_Agent that seems non-responsive. 

Need Help? Let's chat.