cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation Email/Walmart Activation

Zoughi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi PM community. I ported my number yesterday at Walmart and the process went smooth no issues. I did not receive an email confirmation though so I just wanted to confirm whether I am supposed to get one for an in-store activation. Note: the Walmart employee entered my entire email in uppercase so I'm not sure if the has an effect.

Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15

@Zoughi wrote:

I understand that from an operational standpoint this has to effect on my day to day use of the phone. I am asking this question for the security and integrity of my account.

My response covers this aspect.  If you can login to your account using the email address and password that you selected, then all is good.  This service has had the toughest time getting password reset to work.  That feature uses the email address of record.  I suspect the issue causing the password reset emails to not be sent is also getting in the way of the welcome email as well. 

Zoughi

I understand that from an operational standpoint this has to effect on my day to day use of the phone. I am asking this question for the security and integrity of my account.

@Zoughi wrote:

Then how will you know whether the email is properly registered in their system?

That is a good question.  Whether the proper email has been registed or not, it has never impacted the use of the service.  I have never had a failed activation yet.  The email address that shows in the self serve account is exactly what I entered.  If there is something else different and unknown to me on what they do with the email address I register in the system, that mystery hasn't affected anything that i am aware of so far. 

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Zoughi wrote:

Then how will you know whether the email is properly registered in their system?

Have you set up you self-serve account yet? If not, I think you can confirm by following the "Create Account" steps on the My Account login page:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/ 

If that all works, then I feel like that should be confirmation enough. You'll need your self-serve account anyways for managing your account moving forward, tracking rewards, etc.

Once you're logged in - there's also the "My Profile" info on the main page where you can see what email address they have on file for you.

Zoughi

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have found that the welcome email doesn't always get delivered.  Of the numerous accounts that I have set up, I think the success rate for getting the welcome email is extremely low.  What really matter is the service is up and running. 

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Welcome to PM OP!

I've not noticed the self-serve misbehaving today - I just went through it on various screens about 10 minutes ago, without issue.

Zoughi

I received the email below when I signed up in 2016 that is why I'm assuming I should get a similar one.

"Hello xxxxxxx,

We’re excited to have you as a new Public Mobile customer.  Here’s some important information about your account: 
- Your 4-digit PIN has been successfully registered. You may need it to make changes to your account.
- Your Self Serve account has been successfully created. You will need your email address when logging in to Self Serve.

Here is a summary of your plan and any selected add-ons:"

cappaj

@Zoughi wrote:

Hi. I created the self serve account but I am waiting for the confirmation email.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you'll get a confirmation email - you'll know it worked if you can just log in. (You do get a confirmation email for joining the Community, though - that's a separate process.)

Effort

@Zoughi wrote:

Hi. I created the self serve account but I am waiting for the confirmation email.

Is your service working?

Zoughi

cappaj

Note that the website has been a bit wonky for me this morning (and others I think) - some pages within the Self Serve portal (Plan and Rewards) were not loading for me, even when I was properly logged in. I think they're just overwhelmed from a busy weekend, following the in-store promo to sign people up...

passiveegg

I did not recieve any confirmation either, and make your self serve account asap. Then you will see your account information and plan information there. Welcome to PM

Effort

I personally did not get any email confirmation either. Have you made your self-serve account yet?

Need Help? Let's chat.