cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to transfer my existing Numbers to another service provider

JakeTheBosun
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There seems no way I can get all 3 of my numbers to be released. (Only one was released)

33 REPLIES 33

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JakeTheBosun 

I'm assuming you must have sorted it out by now....but when you activated the the three sim cards with public mobile did you use the same email address and just set up Auto pay? Although the system shouldn't allow you to do so....if you did then two of the accounts get "hidden" behind the account you could access with the email and password. They would have their own account numbers but you wouldn't be able to see them or access them. Normally you would have contacted customer support and supplied them with two separate emails or email aliases to apply to the accounts for accessibility. This would likely explain some of your service issues.

@JakeTheBosun wrote:

Trying that now.

Thank you very much for help.

One other factor:  Do you have Autopay enabled?  You shoudln't get charged again after port out, but in some rare cases, this has happened, and the gernally recommendation is to get that disabled before port out.

JakeTheBosun

Trying that now.

Thank you very much for help.

@JakeTheBosun wrote:

I did not give three account numbers to move the service because I have no record of two other numbers.

I did not know that PM had no capacity for multiple numbers and one account. How would I know that?

Sorry, you can see my frustration rising.

Appreciate the advice!

My advice would be re-insert your Public Mobile SIM card\s for the two phone numbrrs that haven't been sent over to the new carrier. If both of these phone numbers are still working at Public Mobile, I would not even bother contacting Public Mobile to get back into your account. When it comes to the IMEI numbrers, I would use the IMEI of each device and contact the new carrier to try the number porting again.  Be sure that the two different IMEI numbers don't get confused with each other as the correct one will be provided for each phone number.

@JakeTheBosun wrote:

Well I sure appreciate your help.

I expect a phone to work reasonably reliably, especially in a city like Vancouver? I will pay whatever that takes (incidentally my phone bills for a year, in 11 different countries, without a failure, was less than $100 Canadian it doesnt need to be this way).

Why do I keep getting messages saying "You have earned another badge"? Is that even relevant to this whole problem?

Badges are only about this Community website and are unrelated to service.

JakeTheBosun

Well I sure appreciate your help.

I expect a phone to work reasonably reliably, especially in a city like Vancouver? I will pay whatever that takes (incidentally my phone bills for a year, in 11 different countries, without a failure, was less than $100 Canadian it doesnt need to be this way).

Why do I keep getting messages saying "You have earned another badge"? Is that even relevant to this whole problem?

@JakeTheBosun Oh Alaska no service as well.  Seems like lots of Alaska roaming issues, but it could a problem with AT&T 

Yes, different carriers suit different person in different situation.  No worry, just want to help up this porting process.

Happy 🇨🇦  Day!!

JakeTheBosun

Thanks ! I appreciate this!

I will try to message them directly using this address.

We are going back to Virgin where we were for 6 years.

Like I might have explained, problems abound like all our phones quit in Vancouver and prevented us from getting meals while at BC Childrens hospital for two weeks. Couldn't get support. Both my wife and I bought Add-On US roaming and it failedfor both, her's was never applied (last fall in Colorado), mine showed up but the phone never worked (in Alaska) bu towards the end it it did send me a message saying it was due to expire (just wasted the money not to mention frustration) .....it just goes on and on. I am not technical, nor young anymore. can't deal with this well.

@JakeTheBosun wrote:

I did not give three account numbers to move the service because I have no record of two other numbers.

@JakeTheBosun   That is the problem with the failed porting (phone number transefer)

Yes, you said you cannot login to the account and I wondered how you requested the porting and I sort of know where the problem was  🙂

No worry, try to open a ticket with PM Support.  You can just tell them you need the account numbers for both accounts.

Just message them directly

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

BTW, where you are porting over to?  

JakeTheBosun

I did not know that PM had no capacity for multiple numbers and one account. How would I know that?

Sorry, you can see my frustration rising.

Appreciate the advice!

@JakeTheBosun   you enter 3 different account numbers for the porting?  the 3 lines would have different account numbers (PM does not have family account and hence different account numbers)

JakeTheBosun

Yes, my Account Number was supplied to new guys today,  but it seems to only have allowed one phone number to be moved. I think PM wants two more account numbers ?  But I don't have any more numbers and don't recall ever having had other account numbers.

I have now been locked out of all my online accounts at PM so I can't even go in to search for any.

@JakeTheBosun wrote:

"porting request" ??? Do you mean at the start, what did I originally enter online to set up the service?

@JakeTheBosun  yes, when you requested the  transfer in setting up the new account with the other provider, other than phone number and the provider of the number (Public Mobile), did you enter account number ?

JakeTheBosun

"porting request" ??? Do you mean at the start, what did I originally enter online to set up the service?

@JakeTheBosun  porting is transfer

what info did you fill in for the porting request?? IMEI ? Account number?

JakeTheBosun

Sorry is that "porting"

JakeTheBosun

I am not sure what this means, sorry.

When we bought the three individual phone services about six months back I don't recall how the account was set up. They billed us and we paid automatically until now. It might have been done using phone id numbers (IMEI ?)

The phones were never reliable, all three would have no service even in the middle of Vancouver for long periods. I purchased Add-On's that showed up in messages but never worked. Is that even relevant?

@JakeTheBosun   Curious, if you didn't login to the 2 accounts before porting, how you get the account number?

did you request porting by IMEI?  this always cause problem.  Using Account number is a safer bet, it could be why it failed 

JakeTheBosun

You know I never had to, so I assumed they worked before. The third one I did access once before so there was a trail to follow.

I see so many messages now I am confused and no closer to a solution I fear. There are so many loops in the algorithyms who knows whats next. I THINK I opened a ticket with them, but I can't tell. Thanks for your patience.

@JakeTheBosun you will need to explain everything to them they have no reference to this 

@JakeTheBosun wrote:

OK I do not have access so will try option 2. Will they have reference to this discussion or will I start over?

@JakeTheBosun   start over.  This is just a Community and we are only customers.  you are opening proper ticket with PM

For the 2 accounts you cannot login now, were you able to login before you request porting?  This is critical to the situation 

JakeTheBosun

OK I do not have access so will try option 2. Will they have reference to this discussion or will I start over?

@JakeTheBosun wrote:

The new provider replied the hicup is that Public Mobile will not release the numbers because the account numbers are not correct, but I cannot access Public Mobile account two get the other two account numbers at this point.

@JakeTheBosun   did you got mixed up with the phone number and account number since you have two?  like you matched up the wrong account # with the wrong phone number?

You can open a ticket with PM Support or you can try to ask the new provider to review the account number and phone number and re-trigger the process.

To open ticket with PM Support:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

JakeTheBosun

No I cannot log in to PM it will not accept either my email or my password.

If it could, then I could get the correct account numbers and then the new provider says PM would allow release those other two phone numbers also.

I am pretty lost....thanks for the help.

@JakeTheBosun wrote:

I can't tell anymore. For those two, The new sim cards were inserted AFTER the "YES" confirmation message was returned still using Public Mobile service. I waited 30 minutes and then inserted the sim cards. One number transfered but two others didn't.

HI @JakeTheBosun   Maybe it just need a bit more time.  Porting usually fast but can take longer in some cases.

Can you still login to PM Self-Serve for the other 2 accounts?  Try it.  If you no longer able to login, it is a good sign, the account is closed and the number is ported

JakeTheBosun

The new provider replied the hicup is that Public Mobile will not release the numbers because the account numbers are not correct, but I cannot access Public Mobile account two get the other two account numbers at this point.

@JakeTheBosun wrote:

I should mention, I got confirm messages at the transfer on each phone, and sent "Yes" to confirm each one at the time.

@JakeTheBosun   oh, then you are almost done.

You got the message and replied YES, so your PM services on all 3 are active

Since you replied YES, your porting should be completed within 2 hours.  Reboot your phones with the new sim cards every 15 mins for an update. 

if it is already 2 hours after you replied YES, what you need to do now is to talk to your new provider and ask them where is the hiccup.

JakeTheBosun

I can't tell anymore. For those two, The new sim cards were inserted AFTER the "YES" confirmation message was returned still using Public Mobile service. I waited 30 minutes and then inserted the sim cards. One number transfered but two others didn't.

@JakeTheBosun are all three accounts active? they must be for Public to release the number 

Hi @JakeTheBosun   you need to login to all 3 accounts and all 3 are leaving PM?

To sort out the login issue, try to direct message them here:

: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.