cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to make a payment on a deactivated plan: Page doesn't load!

baz1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I left my phone without a reload for a few days, then proceeded on reloading it. The usual way, through the *611 prompt, didn't work, as the voice didn't offer any option to enter PIN.

Now, back on the Web interface, it took a good 4 minutes to log in, and clicking the "Make a payment" does nothing. Ok, well, it does appear to start loading the page.. Somewhere around 28.8Kbps speed. It started loading before I started typing this message, and still is as of now.

What is wrong again with PM today??

7 REPLIES 7

@baz1 

It is definitely the public mobile website and self serve account that has its issues. As a result there are certain measures to employ when using it to minimize error messages and prevent pages from opening at glacier slow pace. It's your choice if you want to use these recommendations or not. 

The self serve account especially likes your device to pay its attention to it solely....so the more you have going on in the background on your device the less it will want to co-operate with your intentions. It is certainly not ideal but it is what it is. How you decide to proceed will determine whether your experience is frustratingly difficult or at relative ease.

Using the following steps will improve the user's experience:

1. Clear your browser.
  2. Reboot your device.
  3. Open one tab only.
  4. Use secret/incognito mode.
  5. Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Microsoft Edge work best.
  6. Use a different device if available.

Some of what you describe indicates that the self serve itself was having some out of norm issues that could be related to both the scheduled and unscheduled maintenance over the last few nights.

Although it is not supposed to happen at the same time there are times that the 611 IVR system is also unavailable. However your description did not indicate that was an issue as you mentioned you were not prompted for a PIN (?!!) Were you referring to your 4 digit account PIN? (Needed for card on file transactions or add on purchases.)

Or were you referring to the 12 digit PIN # of your voucher? Vouchers can be loaded via 611 from your phone or by dialling 1 855 4PUBLIC and entering your 10 digit phone #. Then press (1) and (1) again and enter the 12 digit PIN code from your voucher. The system will confirm if it has been successfully loaded onto your account.

If suspended due to insufficient funds your service will automatically reactivate if there are enough funds to cover your plan amount. 611 will send you a text confirming you have successfully topped up your account and/or reactivated your service. Reboot your phone if necessary.

baz1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I finally managed to reactivate my account using the web portal. It took long minutes waiting for pages to load. Browser wasn't to blame as only PM's website was acting up. Even the due date was displaying as "April 1, 0001", or something of the sort. Honestly, I was expecting to lose the voucher's value using it on an unreliable portal. PM sure is cheap, but the thin infrastructure it runs on doesn't seem to be reliable: portal acting up, *611 unavailable, no-refund policy on vouchers. Even this evening a call dropped in a 4-bar reception area, and I couldn't call back (a full minute before getting the other party's voicemail).

Rebooting my home internet was not an option. One NAS backing up a heavy dataset while another downloading large content, stacked router, switches and APs is not a 1-minute reboot.

1. I don't use Chrome and never will be.
  2. WhatIsMyBrowser yields incorrect results: Firefox 91 ESR on macOS is NOT out-of-date.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@baz1 

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@baz1 wrote:

Works as expected. It took me 10 seconds to log in into my account.

When Web pages start misbehaving I either use different browser or try difference computer as current might do some updates in the background or whatnot...

Let us know did you manage to reactivate your account and do you have service.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@baz1   Could be just a hiccup or browser issue

Please try to :

1. use another browser (Chrome/Edge/Firefox)

2. use Incognito/inPrivate mode

3. Clear cache, then close ALL the browser windows and relaunch

4. try on another computer/phone

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@baz1 

You could also try again in 10-15 mins, or a different browser or device,

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@baz1 wrote:

Hi there,

I left my phone without a reload for a few days, then proceeded on reloading it. The usual way, through the *611 prompt, didn't work, as the voice didn't offer any option to enter PIN.

Now, back on the Web interface, it took a good 4 minutes to log in, and clicking the "Make a payment" does nothing. Ok, well, it does appear to start loading the page.. Somewhere around 28.8Kbps speed. It started loading before I started typing this message, and still is as of now.

@baz1 

Try login using a browser in private mode (ex chrome incognito).

Could also be some maintenance work going on earlier.

Need Help? Let's chat.