cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to change address - but city is not on the drop down list

jordan23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

I'm trying to change my address on the online website. I live in Richmond, BC. But when I try to put Richmond as the city, it's not showing in the drop down list. Do you know how I can update this change? Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

@softech wrote:

My city is not in the drop down either.   But city can be left blank.  

It can't be left blank if you need to make any change. The system won't let you proceed.

@jordan23 wrote:

I'm trying to change my address on the online website. I live in Richmond, BC. But when I try to put Richmond as the city, it's not showing in the drop down list. Do you know how I can update this change? 

I have discussed this with Public Mobile and it was confirmed to me that cutomers must choose from the city names in the list (which I already knew).  I was also informed by Public Mobile that in this type of case, customers should choose the city name that the smaller city was almagamated into (In this case, Vancouver should be chosen).

I expressed my opinion that there is zero reason for the Self Serve website to refuse to accept a manually typed city name.  Right now, if you try, the site doesn't let you proceed.  I also expressed that an attempt to make things more simple has actually made things more complicated.  I can also say that if customer previously had a city name that isn't in the current list, the city in that customer has been deleted (it's blank now).

Interestingly, activation number city selection, change number city selection, profile city selection all seem to use the same list. And Richmond isn't on it. I don't imagine that will be the only example.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

My city is not in the drop down either.   But city can be left blank.  

@musicollector wrote:

Did Richmond leave the federation? hmmm! Hello, PM!

@musicollector

Richmond, an island, keeps moving west as each day goes by.....where will it be in a 100 years, who knows. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

Would this affect the CC information on @jordan23 account if he is on AutoPay?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

Maybe its because the website thinks we all live in Ontario.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@dabr oh my nerves what is going on?🙄

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@RossN   I tried that but got the message in red ink underneath that it was an "invalid city" and it didn't get saved either after refreshing.

@jordan23   There's no requirement for you to save your name/address at PM.  Is there a reason you want to fill in that field?

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@jordan23 hi I put BC for province and then just typed it in 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jordan23    Lol...that's crazy, Richmond apparently doesn't exist in BC and the system doesn't permit you to type it in.  Actually, I was able to type it in but there's a big red message underneath saying "invalid city" although my profile page is now saved with Richmond (I had nothing saved in those fields originally) as it won't allow me to delete it either!   edit:  thankfully, the information didn't get saved once I refreshed by going to another function and back.

BTW, I don't think there's actually any reason for you to have the correct or any information in the address field.

Perhaps @J_PM  can get the tech dept. to also look into this too?

musicollector
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did Richmond leave the federation? hmmm! Hello, PM!

Need Help? Let's chat.