cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble porting existing number over.

RDM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tried activating on Dec 14, my credit card was charged as of this date as well. Had problem with porting my existing number over, so was unsuccessful. I am under my wife's account, so was told to activate my sim first, then she was to activate hers. Needless to say we both still have Bell cards in our phones. Need help. Need to speak with an agent.

12 REPLIES 12

@supsurfer yes, it is better to provide account number for your old provider.   They won't call you but I will message  a number to call and get it sorted out.  Please check your Community Inbox for the number 

supsurfer

Had trouble porting my number.  Said issue with my IMEI and said they would call.  No call to retry the port.  Do you have the number to retry the port?

@dvcpro13    Check you message box top right for the number to call for stuck ports.

dvcpro13

Hi. I’m having similar issue to OP. Would you send me the number for live support also please? Thank you. 

@RDM 

i already send you the phone number, that is a live support team, not robot, please check your community inbox for the number

RDM

Problem is I need to get PM to open the port again to transfer number. I cannot talk to anyone besides a robot. So my next step is to cancel account and go with a company that I can actually get help by speaking with an agent.

@RDM wrote:

Just got off phone with Bell. I need to have PM Open my port again so I can be sent the text message again. How do I request this?

@RDM   Call the number I sent you on Community inbox.  That is the team that will retrigger the porting request for you

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RDM wrote:

Old sim card was still in. When received text, when I responded with "Yes" it failed to send several times

@RDM 

It sounds like your old provider may already discontinue your service.

Send a test message to your family of friend using your old SIM card before calling the number provided by @softech.

You may need to talk to your old provider if you cannot reply YES to the port out confirmation text.

RDM

Just got off phone with Bell. I need to have PM Open my port again so I can be sent the text message again. How do I request this?

RDM

Old sim card was still in. When received text, when I responded with "Yes" it failed to send several times

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@RDM   are the Bell accounts active?

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card and can only make outgoing calls,  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox.  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@RDM  Put your old SIM card in and wait for the text message from your old carrier n text YES you have 90mintues to respond 

Need Help? Let's chat.