cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling

Lauchlin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I’m travelling for work for a while and I have a different phone number while out of the country. If I continue to pay for my PM plan each month will my plan/number expire if there’s no usage on it but bills are paid? I have a good plan and don’t want to lose it!

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Lauchlin

Thank you!
I have the 15gb for $40 promo!

I am on $ rewards.

Lauchlin

Thank you!
I have the 15gb for $40 promo so I’m good to keep paying it! As long as I’m not affected it’s all good

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If your plan is still available at PM (not promo or similar) you could downgrade to $15 plan, continue paying and when you are back switch back to what you have now.

If plan was special offer and you cannot get the same plan anymore But want to keep it, you could suspend your account for up to 90 days without losing any benefits (except some loyalty period). Then at about 85-88 day log in pay the bill and let it get suspended again after next renewal due to no pay.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Lauchlin 

The simplest way is to just keep paying your account. 

If you want to save some money, here is a post about extended absence:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M129086

Don't change plans especially if your plan is grandfathered.  

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

You're good if you pay. If you don't you'll have 90 days to reactivate after your line is suspended. 

I'd do the same thing as you if I had a good plan. Not worth downgrading it to maybe not get it back when you return.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It will not. Log in every now and again to make sure it's all active for your peace of mind.

Which plan is that? Are you on points or $ rewards?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Lauchlin   you are ok as long as you keep paying

But you can change your plan to $15 plan (using Change plan on renewal option) to save some money

And check your My Account every 30 days using Incognito/Private/Secret browser mode to confirm Autopay didn't fail

If you travel long, some people will suspended the account to really save money, but you will need to reactivate for one month every 90 days, do it on the 80th days just in case.  So, some work required

Need Help? Let's chat.