cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling

Duder531
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm travelling to BC Interior next week from southern Alberta. This is my first time leaving my coverage area for another province. What do I need to do to maintain my phone and data coverage as I travel?

10 REPLIES 10

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Duder531 

PM is Canada wide calling and texting.

My friend recently travelled from Vancouver to Toronto on the $15 plan. The only issue was getting data, he could only get WiFi at train stations stops. 

@Duder531 wrote:

Thx Yummy. I thought PM only worked in your home province, that you need to buy an add-on if you travel. Am I wrong on that? Also, should I leave roaming in or off while traveling?

@Duder531 roaming is for outside of Canada.

As for the setting on your phone I would suggest you keep Roaming on (perhaps living near a US boarder town may ping US towers, but in this case you can manually select public as your network provider), there are no charges for Roaming as you won't get charged for something you did not already pay for here at public, due to being paid. 

@Duder531  No need to change a thing leave your phone settings the way  you have them now . And enjoy your trip 🙂

Mojo7

Public mobile works off of Telus towers which can be found in BC. If you go to your account and check out your plan it should say Canada wide. Meaning there will be no extra charges. You should have no problem using the same services that you use while in your own province. 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Duder531 wrote:

I'm travelling to BC Interior next week from southern Alberta. This is my first time leaving my coverage area for another province. What do I need to do to maintain my phone and data coverage as I travel?

@Duder531 , you could go in your Settings, Cellular, Network Selection set it to Public Mobile not Automatic. I don’t think it is necessary though. You shouldn’t have any issues. 

Duder531

Thx Yummy. I thought PM only worked in your home province, that you need to buy an add-on if you travel. Am I wrong on that? Also, should I leave roaming in or off while traveling?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Duder531 

your data will work national-wide

your voice should, too, unless you are on a Provincial calling plan

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Nothing if you have Canada wide plan.

Your phone should work wherever you are in Canada (but it will depend on cell towers in your vicinity).

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Duder531  Nothing your phone and plan should work all across Canada like you were Still at home 

Need Help? Let's chat.