cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling to the states

Lzakrajsek
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I am travelling from Ontario to Florida on Feb 26. 2020 and returning March 4 2020. I would like to purchase the US Roaming add on. When should I purchase that so that I have it for while I am away. If I purchase now will expire in 10 days. If I wait until Feb24th will that make it valid for while I am away?
8 REPLIES 8

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Lzakrajsek  I've heard that after returning from the US with an add-on you might need to restart your phone to send/receive calls or texts properly. Enjoy your trip~

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is more info.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/us-roaming

Make sure you enable roaming when you arrive in the US.

tweakthis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's a leap year! I forgot about that. LOL

@MickeyMoose01 wrote:

@Nezgar Not exactly. You're safe with the 25 as well, if you count the days it's 9 days. Do not forget there's only 29 days in February 😉

D'oh, yes you're right - my error was I was counting from Jan 25 not Feb 25 lol Man Very Happy

MickeyMoose01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Nezgar Not exactly. You're safe with the 25 as well, if you count the days it's 9 days. Do not forget there's only 29 days in February 😉

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Best to activate it on Feb 26, so that it is also active on Feb 4th.

If you activate it on Feb 25, your last day it will work is Feb 3rd.

Step 1: Add the funds to your account any time (You can do that now)

Step 2: on Feb 26 either log-in to self serve web page to purchase the add-on with the funds in your account, or call into 611 or +1 (855) 478-2542 to purchase it on the go without an Internet connection.

Tip: You can still dial these two numbers from your Public Mobile phone when in the US before the roaming add-on is active. You can also still receive text messages in the US without an active roaming add-on. (No sending texts, no calls)

MickeyMoose01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'd suggest that you buy it on the 25th so you have enough days for all your trip. Have fun🏖

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Lzakrajsek  Best to purchase it on the 25th or the 26th.

Need Help? Let's chat.