cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travelling across Canada

metta126
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Greetings, I live in QC and I will be travelling to BC for the summer. Could you please confirm if my plan allows for this or do I need to make some changes?

Thank you kindly,

5 REPLIES 5

JL9
Mayor / Maire

No issue at all under a Canada wide plan. You wouldn't need to change your number although you could change to a BC area code for free through your self serve when you get there if you wanted to (although it wouldn't be advantageous really). If you did so you would lose your current number and no guarantee you could get it back when you returned.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@metta126 

Regardless of your plan your service works across Canada on the telus/bell network. Unless you stray off the beaten track there is very good connectivity along highway corridors with one or two exceptions in the mountains of bc....one being south of Merritt for about 45 minutes as you head towards Hope where it picks back up as you head over the Coquihalla Summit.

If you have a provincial calling plan you can make calls to numbers in the province you are physically in at the time. The $5/500min Canada wide calling add on will supplement any type of minutes needed to call phone numbers within Canada. Canada wide calling plans are well....exactly that...Canada wide.

Beinvenue to Beautiful British Columbia! Its good to be here!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@Yummy wrote:

As long as you have Canada Wide plan, it should work and you should have service anywhere in Canada.

There would be service even if the person doesn't have a Canada-wide calling plan.  The Canada-wide calling part only refers to outgoing phone calls.   The rest of the services working Canada-wide even if it's a province-wide plan.

@metta126 wrote:

Greetings, I live in QC and I will be travelling to BC for the summer. Could you please confirm if my plan allows for this or do I need to make some changes?

All Public Mobile plans can be used on the nationwide network.  However, if you're plan only includes province-wide calling, that would limit the amount of places that you can make outgoing calls to unless you purchase a long distance add-on.  So yes, you'll be able to use your service in BC.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

As long as you have Canada Wide plan, it should work and you should have service anywhere in Canada.

Need Help? Let's chat.