cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel

Cenk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I just arrived to Mexico and i cant use my data. What should i do?

6 REPLIES 6

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Get a travel esim from Airalo or Ubigi.

dwh1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Cenk PM does not offer service outside of the US and Canada.  If you travel a lot, you might want to consider going to a carrier that does - but trying to change Canadian cell plans while outside of the country is going to be difficult (e.g. to port your number you would need to reply to a text from your PM account, but that won't work because you don't have service).  It might be something to consider when you return to Canada.

Instead, as others have mentioned, your option is to buy a local SIM or eSIM from a Mexican provider.  Depending on what you buy, that may get you just data or it may get you calling and texting as well - albeit on a Mexican number.  And of course, you can always use a voice over data service like WhatApp or FaceTime to make calls - but that really only works if the people/organizations you need to call also use the same service.

There really isn't going to be any way to get calling/texting on your PM phone number, unfortunately. 

dwh1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@spitre78 Since PM does not offer any service outside of Canada or the US, there's no point in talking to customer service.

spitre78
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As previously stated you could get a local Sim or if phone allows an eSim but try customer service and see if there's a roaming plan that includes Mexico

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Cenk 

You have several options:

- purchase a local SIM 

- use Whatsapps or TextNow app for free calling and texting on wifi

@Cenk wrote:

Hi I just arrived to Mexico and i cant use my data. What should i do?

Sorry, but there is no Public Mobile service available in Mexico. You'll have to use Wi-Fi or the service of another cell phone company.

Need Help? Let's chat.