Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Typically, you can move your number if:

• It's an active mobile or landline number
  • We have service in that area
  • It's from a service provider in the same local calling area
  • Number Portability is available in that area 

Tips for moving to Public Mobile

• Keep it live. Don't cancel your current service before switching to us. Your phone number must be active in order to move it
  • Have it at hand. Have your phone, an invoice from your current service provider and if possible, your service agreement handy when you move your number. Just to be safe, you should review your existing service agreement to find out what charges might apply
  • Don't delegate. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number

Click here for porting instructions.

683 REPLIES 683

altind
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

done that.

no difference

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
PM is absolutely ready for new customers, once you're up and running you'll see how awesome the network is.
I'm sorry you're experiencing these issues, should be a quick fix tomorrow.
There's definitely some issues with plan activations, but those can be remedied by a mod pretty quickly. PM has no phone support, that should be clear to everyone. No surprises.

srlawren

Hi @altind, sorry to hear about this.  It sounds like your activation did not complete successfully.

To rectify, please send a private message to @Mary_M with the following info:

- your Public Mobile SIM card number 

- the phone number you are tyring to port over from Wind

- you account number at Wind

- your name, exactly as it appears on your bills from or self-serve account at Wind

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

altind
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

i have excatly the same issue.

i dont think public mobile is ready for new customers.

ported the number from wind

cant make outgoing calls, cant send messages, data did not work from teh first minute. to make things worse they dont even have a support number to call with the issue.

yeah yeah i have tried all the basic troubleshooting, restart phone , use the sim ona different device, check apn settings.........

so what happens now?

srlawren

Hi @wendzha,

Please send a private message to @Mary_M with the following info:

- the name provider you are trying to port from

- the phone number you are tyring to port over

- you account number at the provider you are trying to port from

- your name, exactly as it appears on your bills or self-serve account at the provider you are trying to port from

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

wendzha
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I have the same problem. I am trf from Wind mobile. Can you help!!?

srlawren

@habs33@oyunyuno

Please send a private message to @Mary_M with the following info:

- the name provider you are trying to port from

- the phone number you are tyring to port over

- you account number at the provider you are trying to port from

- your name, exactly as it appears on your bills or self-serve account at the provider you are trying to port from

oyunyuno
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I am getting the same error 'We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance'. I'm trying to port from Koodo, my email addresses are different on Koodo and PM. So I'm a not sure what the problem is. I believe public mobile has to do this manually on their end? Any help would be appreciated.

habs33
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

trying to port my number from Bell and get the usual error:

"sorry, we are unable to process this request. Please visit our online Community at publicmobile.ca/community for assistance"

My iPhone 6 is unlocked and my current balance is $0. What could be the issue?

thanks

srlawren

@abhishekjain let us know how it goes in a few hours.  We'll keep our fingers crossed.

abhishekjain

Its been more than 4 days since I have created the porting request for my active fido mobile number to PM. Number still not ported to new PM sim from Fido. I did received following message in email from PM support 4 days back. But still no luck on porting.

Hello Abhishek,

Thank you for contacting Public Mobile. I am sorry to read that you are experiencing an issue with your port request; I’d be glad to help you with this matter.

Please note that we have been able to submit the port request, the transfer should be completed within 2h30. You will receive a text message confirming the transfer; I suggest you to reboot your phone before using the service.

mymo

Thank you @Rockdaddy22

I think what I wanted to be sure was that Rogers doesn't confirm the name that's taking the number away?  

Rockdaddy22
It doesn't really matter who's name it's in, remember it's prepaid. So that means no bills, but yes, set it up in your moms name, no problem.

mymo

Hi all, new here and not yet a PM customer.  

I am an authorized user on a Rogers wireless account but the phone actually belongs to my mother.  (We never could get her on the bill for some reason)  I would like to now port that number over to Public but bring it in her name now.  Is this possible?

Any suggestions?

ejack

Cool, thanks for the quick response. 

Guess I just expected there to be more hoops to jump through 😛

srlawren

@ejack no, they do not need to know anything.

Sign into your My Telus Mobility account, and you should be able to find your oustanding device balance.  What will happen is that once you port your number out, your Telus account will be closed, and you will be billed for the outstanding device balance by Telus.

ejack

I'm planning to switch over from Telus, however I have a contract I'll need to break. how will that affect the porting process? I understand my account will still need to be active to port the number out, but I assume they'll need to know I'm cancelling before I can port the number?

Rockdaddy22
Welcome to the PM family 🐸 🐶

Kayfun101
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Good to hear you figured it out man walcome to the revolution in mobile

peacefrogdog

I guess can ignore the last message. Despite the messages saying the port could not be done, when I put in my new SIM my old number seems to have transferred over.

peacefrogdog

Would appreciate help here.

Just signed up for Public, previously under Rogers.

Tried to port my Rogers number first while setting up my PUblic account - didn't work. Got the message saying to check these boards.

Then set up a new phone number for Public , just to have my account set up. Once created, signed into my account and tried to port my number - no luck. Double checked my Rogers account #, etc. and all seems to be good.

My Rogers account/number is active and in good standing.

Any advice? 

Rockdaddy22
Should be next month sometime, I think that's why I read lol

cujoe31
Thank you. Was too good of a deal to pass. Hope you folks can get the US roaming going soon.

Rockdaddy22
Perfect, welcome to the PM family 🙂

cujoe31
All good no worries. Took about 20 minutes.

cujoe31
Hi, I just ported successfully but still shows setup number. How long does it take to switch over? Thank you.

cujoe31

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @kjo

Sorry to hear about that! 

Can you send me the following info via private message? :

-Phone number you transferred to Public M

-Account number with the previous provider

Thanks, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

kjo
I also ported my number last night, fairly certain I setup APN properly. But I've got a 1-3 bars of signal on my phone and I can't receive calls. Please help!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@pmak

If your phone number is eligible to be transferred over and is currently active and in good standing with Rogers then there shouldn't be any issues at all 😉

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
Need Help? Let's chat.